Sign in to follow this  
Dwight

Some Folks Don't Like Leather

I cracked up when I read this, . . . figured at least a few other folks on here may enjoy a good laugh:

http://glossynews.com/society/201001070305/activists-missing-after-declaring-war-on-leather-at-motorcycle-rally/

May God bless,

Dwight

It's not a real news story, but that does not make it any less funny. rofl.gif

Pretty funny.Here is a Penn & Teller piece on PETA that is great***warning for Language****.Dave

Penn & Teller on PETA

there are three videos

Edited by DCKNIVES

I remember Pamelyn Ferdin as a child actress, only because of her name.

They think food comes from the grocery store. It must be nice to live in a world where unicorns fart rainbows and nothing ever dies.

Kevin

I was at Earth Day in St. Louis, wearing my outfit I don for storytelling at the campfire howls we have the Endangered Wolf Center (plug, plug, plug) and a lady came up and said, "Are you wearing animal parts?!?!?!" all huffy like.

"Yes, I am. They're not made in a factory, they're not made with petrochemicals, they're a renewable resource, and they're being doing service past their original Use By date."

She shut up and walked away.

leather workers and users are doing more than most with regards to being green, recycling a byproduct of meat production into useful items that will be around for a long time and ultimately will biodegrade itself, not like all the plastics and such that clog up the landfills.

leather workers and users are doing more than most with regards to being green, recycling a byproduct of meat production into useful items that will be around for a long time and ultimately will biodegrade itself, not like all the plastics and such that clog up the landfills.

And very often making things that useful, beautiful, and much better to touch than plastic.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

I was at Earth Day in St. Louis, wearing my outfit I don for storytelling at the campfire howls we have the Endangered Wolf Center (plug, plug, plug) and a lady came up and said, "Are you wearing animal parts?!?!?!" all huffy like.

"Yes, I am. They're not made in a factory, they're not made with petrochemicals, they're a renewable resource, and they're being doing service past their original Use By date."

She shut up and walked away.

Dirty Jobs Season 3 Episode 12

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=3APN4AHK

Very educational and tells about the sources of the "ex-livestock".

Yup, we don't like leather either!

We don't like leather so much that we will:

Cut it with a knife,

Whack it with a hammer and other weapons,

Punch holes in it,

And perform other strange operations just trying to make something useful out of the durn stuff!!

One summer I worked with a guy who worked out of his camper, doing fair, swap meets, whatever. The sign on the side said, "Empty Cows for Sale."