I made a corset pattern, but as I am male, I don't really have a way to test it. I figured I would put it up here anyway.

I modeled it in 3d and unfolded it in Pepakura Designer and converted it to .pdf format. As it is made from a 3d model, the curved lines will need to be made more "curvy".

post-21513-034666700 1304659563_thumb.jp

I guessed at the scale, so you might want to assemble it in paper before wasting good materials on it.

Download it here.

welll thank you very much will try it out and let you now

Would it be possible to get a copy of this? the hosting is down and I've been looking for a corset pattern to tinker with.

same here, please, hosting is indded down.

thanks

gunter

Did anyone ever get this to download?

Best resource for this is foundationsrevealed.com there is a whole section on making corsets in leather and corsetting the male form. It's a for pay site but ABSOLUTELY worth it don't go buy a book, go there. Male rib cages have floaters with a wider stance than female rib cages so that hip spring will have to be more condensed starting usually about an inch lower than a standard female design otherwise it will REAALLY hurt to breathe. Female hips are wider at the top so that will have to be drafted correctly to eliminate hip drags. I couldn't download the file either so if you could re-post it somehow ill give it a look. If you want to actually make it for yourself please PM me so I can look at your measurements and make sure the draft is right. Corsetmakingsupplies.com will have all of the correct boning lacing grommets and support and busks as well ( you will need a busk otherwise it will be too difficult to put on and wrinkle like hell eventually tearing out the seams)I've done ALOT of these (mostly for women but also for men) and every new design poses a new mental challenge... Never a dull moment...

By the way I'm looking at your pattern from the picture here and I'm not getting these horizontal seams... They're not necessary... And the center front under bust line.. If this is for a masculine figure without augmentation those aren't going to work. Even for females it looks a little tall. If the busk goes up the full length (it should) it will jab into your solar plexus if you even so much as slouch and the if the busk doesn't rise to the top it will stick out and look like a scene from Alien if worn under a shirt....watch out for Ripley...