TBone

Hello From Indiana

Hello,

I just found this site yesterday. I have been doing amatuer leatherwork on and off for about 15 years. I am self taught and it probably shows. I got into doing leatherwork when I was a poor college kid. I could not afford much, so I started teaching myself how to stitch using beat up old leather jackets. Now, I've made leather bound journals, SCA armor, sporrans, knife sheaths, jewelry, and just a bunch of odds and ends. Hopefully, by joining this site I can learn more and advance my skills as a leathercrafter.

TBone

Welcome TBone! You've found the one and only place that will make you a better leatherworker, just by being here...

Welcome to the forum!

Hello,

I just found this site yesterday. I have been doing amatuer leatherwork on and off for about 15 years. I am self taught and it probably shows. I got into doing leatherwork when I was a poor college kid. I could not afford much, so I started teaching myself how to stitch using beat up old leather jackets. Now, I've made leather bound journals, SCA armor, sporrans, knife sheaths, jewelry, and just a bunch of odds and ends. Hopefully, by joining this site I can learn more and advance my skills as a leathercrafter.

TBone

Welcome TBone, glad to hear from a fellow Hoosier and self taught leathercrafter. I am sure this site will help you just as much as it has helped me, after 25+ years doing leather I thought I knew a thing or two until I found this site. I am thankful to all for the knowledge they readily impart and hope someday to be able to do the same. Look forward to seeing some of your stuff in the future.

Greetings from a Boilermaker living in Missouri. This place is a gold mine.