King's X

Support Leatherworker.net

I was looking over the membership list at the bottom of the forum page and noticed a lot of members that have not contributed to this site. I am a contributing member, but most important is the amount of knowledge, tips and techniques that I have learned from this site alone! A few word lashings in between here and there didn't hurt either. I guess what I am saying is we need to support this site as best as we can. I am sure that all of this information, pictures and utility bills cost money. Sure the sponsors help, but it is never enough.

So here is what I am requesting....................for the remainder of May 2011................I would like all those old and new members that have not contributed to "hit" the PayPal button on the home page and send LW $5, $10, $15, $20 or $50 dollars for the summer months.

Come on, a bottle of soda and chips can be sacrificed one time to support this site? This is a challenged to all non contributing members.........................we can do it!

Let's surprise Johanna with a crazy amount before she returns to the office from the Sheridan Show!

Cheers to that! I just donated. :grouphug5vj5:

Andy

I mailed mine monday............ :gathering:

Both of you are awesome and your support is certainly appreciated!

Thanks.

I was planning to anyway, but I just contributed what I could at this time.

Talk about a surprise! Thank you all for your support of leatherworker.net. I couldn't do this without all the help, and I am grateful that the members and staff care about this place as much as I do. Every day 7000 or so people come to visit LW (we have almost 17,000 registered members now) and I hope they feel just as welcome as when we were little and new.

I like to think of the board like the back table at my old leather store, where people drank coffee and talked, and showed each other how to do this and that. But the reality is the scary server bills, gas at $4 a gallon and well...you all know how it is. So to come home and find out that some of you dug in your pocket to help LW...brings tears to my eyes. Thank you, Sam and everyone.

:grouphug5vj5:

You folks are the best.

Johanna

Talk about a surprise! Thank you all for your support of leatherworker.net. I couldn't do this without all the help, and I am grateful that the members and staff care about this place as much as I do. Every day 7000 or so people come to visit LW (we have almost 17,000 registered members now) and I hope they feel just as welcome as when we were little and new.

I like to think of the board like the back table at my old leather store, where people drank coffee and talked, and showed each other how to do this and that. But the reality is the scary server bills, gas at $4 a gallon and well...you all know how it is. So to come home and find out that some of you dug in your pocket to help LW...brings tears to my eyes. Thank you, Sam and everyone.

:grouphug5vj5:

You folks are the best.

Johanna

Glad I could help in some small way. I love all the info I get from this board. I learn something new everyday!

Cheers,

Andy

This Leatherworker site is so full of information. The archived topics that are available to the beginner, as well as those who have been around awhile is priceless. To even think that one should take for granted the efforts of those who have organized, and contribute the information on a daily basis without giving thought to the time commitment, and cost of such an undertaking should not be taken for granted. I don't think a mandatory yearly usage fee would at all be out of line,....perhaps $15.00 per year would be affordable to every user? Those who contribute tutorials, and advise on a regular basis should be provided lifetime memberships, as well as a free banner for their efforts... Just my opinion. The money this site saves us in wasted material, supplies that don't work for a particular project, etc., will cover the cost of the annual membership many times over. I see this resource as another of my tools which I use regularly to run my shop more effectively. I know times are hard and money tight, but I would hate to one day find the "Out Of Business" sign on the door for lack of funding.

Well said! Thanks to all those that have contributed even if you post your contribution here or not.......Johanna and her staff will know who stepped forward.

Happy carving!

Well said! Thanks to all those that have contributed even if you post your contribution here or not.......Johanna and her staff will know who stepped forward.

Happy carving!

This is a great site with a ton of information, I know I don't give enough. I'm glad this thread was here to remind me.

Just contributed a few days ago! Made me feel pretty good. :) How long before it shows up under my "Group"? Or is there a certain amount that has to be donated before you're considered a "Contributing Member"?

Tinneal, like most of us, Johanna and Kate have 'day jobs', and as this site grows the challenges of running it grow as well. I'm sure your donation won't go overlooked, but it may take a little time for Johanna to catch up.

Thank you for your contribution.

Tinneal, like most of us, Johanna and Kate have 'day jobs', and as this site grows the challenges of running it grow as well. I'm sure your donation won't go overlooked, but it may take a little time for Johanna to catch up.

Thank you for your contribution.

Thanks a lot, TwinOaks! :) I figured it would be something like that. Either way, I'm just happy to support, and will be donating more in the future!

Tinneal......thanks for contributing. You will get plenty back in resources.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I became a contributing member (lifetime) a few months past, it just made sense to do so. Considering the money I would have spent to obtain just a bit of the information and assistance I have received from this site and the great people who frequent it, the donation was minor in comparison. If you believe in something, support it.