Snakebyte

Finished A Stingray Overlay Pancake Holster

Here's my first attempt at a stingy overlay on leather, I'm pretty happy with it, except the finish. I user satin sheen from Tandy, and after a full day of use, its dull and crappy looking. What do you guys like? Need something that's gonna stand up to abuse, but still look good.

Any tips or comments welcome.

100MEDIAIMAG0064.jpg

100MEDIAIMAG0067.jpg

Snakebyte, Homemade brew that is waterproof, not shiny, wont crack blister or peel. How can it get any better!! Oh, and its cheap to make. Got the concoction from Dwight. 3 eaqua parts by weight, not volume. beeswax, parrafin wax, neatsfoot oil. Heat on stove and melt together. Pour in empty tuna can or the like. Let cool and solidify. Let dye set for 14 hours and apply. Rub into leather and create so heat. (could use a hair dryer, I guess) the let dry and buff out. Too easy. Hope this helps. Nice holster, by the way. I wouldn't do anything to the sting-ray side. The sting-ray didn't need anything when he was swimming in the salt water!!! Semper-fi MIke