This is my first design.

I made some changes for the carved version.

Awww, your little Apple stamp is very cute.

Is it caled cover,for such a thing?I am not so sure...

I'd buy one! If I had the money that is. Unfortunately I spent it all on swords so I don't have an iPad :)

I tried to make it good looking and functional.

Though the pattern is not fluent enough, it is the best i have done.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'not fluent enough'. I can't comment on the technical quality, but to me it looks very clean and the design is detailed and leads the eye on an interesting path over the piece.

My only suggestion would be to work out a way to make the cover work to prop the ipad up on a slight slope in landscape mode. This is by far the most common way I see people use them and is built into the standard Apple cases as well as most after-market ones. Unfortunately I can't for the life of me think how you'd do that without compromising the look of what you've made, which is quite beautiful.

You have a skill and dedication to perfection, and it shows in your work, very nice I only wish I could produce the same results.

I look forward to seeing more of your work.

All the best

Jimnx

Hi john,hi Amuckart,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

For the present structure,it allows the ipad stand in a certain angle,due to the intensity of the leather.

However ,there are still more to be done to make this function work better,such as adjustable angle.

Maybe there is a way to make it happen ,and keep the looking as good.

post-15248-038489300 1306634642_thumb.jp

Very nice!

On another note, jsut got an Ipad and it's the NUTS for showing off pictures. The form factor of this thing is great for browsing pics or going to a website to see information, especially pics. It's so portable and different than using a laptop to do the same thing. I can't wait to go to a show with this. FWIW I got the 3g version so I could have internet access (wouldn't want to miss a post on LW) :-)

Will definitely be working on some sort of case for it.

Like the guy said, stunning!!

Your work never fails to inspire - very nice!! What king of metal is in your tooling weight? That's a neat idea!

Boma.....I'm really glad someone bumped this post. I hadn't seen it until this morning. I think your IPad cover is outstanding! The construction is very good, the design is innovative and your tooling looks terrific. Very well done....really nice work!

Bobby

Wow, awesome piece :) Wish I was somewhere close to that amount of talent.

Question - what are those fasteners for the inside corners of the ipad? Been thinkin of doing these but couldn't find anything suitable IE flat enough for that detail.

Again - very well done!

Wow! bowdownj.gif

I'd like to ask how you put the ipad in though? - the corners looks so snug and neat!!!