mandyregal

Wallet Id Window

I'm wondering what all you professionals use as the ID window material. What is it called and where can I get some?

Thanks in advance,

Mandy

I use vinyl which came from Jo-Anne's. My fiance got it for one of her craft projects and we had a ton of it laying around. Unfortunately I don't know what the thickness is or if it's even available in different thicknesses, but that's what I use for the ID window on my wallets. It works great, holds up really well, and it's readily available. Hope that helps.

Chris

I have never went out and bought material for ID windows as such. Many times the pacaging that other items come in can be used for that purpose. For instance, a flashlight from Wally World that came in a clear plactic package, yielded up enough material for half a dozen ID windows. Must be the Scotsman blood in me from my Grandma Byars. LOL

Thanks,

I followed the link and that's exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks,

I followed the link and that's exactly what I was looking for!

thats what we use also i use 20ml thick and we give the customer an extra set with there wallet

thats what we use also i use 20ml thick and we give the customer an extra set with there wallet

heres a picture of our pocket ....belt..... or chain id wallet we also use these in our pocket badge wallets

post-22791-014516600 1313148818_thumb.jp

post-22791-026333100 1313148841_thumb.jp

post-22791-084501400 1313148858_thumb.jp

You can also find it at an art supply store. It comes in a11x14 pad of 25 sheets, with tissue between the pieces

Folex Film Systems

folacel clear acetate

Joe

I have a problem finding not the clear acetate or other kinds of "see-throgh" plastic, instead I am looking for the mesh sort of wallet ID window material, the "net" sort of material. it's usually quite stiff, a little like some sort of mosquito net for windows, but still not quite the same. Anyone seen anything like it, and know where to get it?

I have a problem finding not the clear acetate or other kinds of "see-throgh" plastic, instead I am looking for the mesh sort of wallet ID window material, the "net" sort of material. it's usually quite stiff, a little like some sort of mosquito net for windows, but still not quite the same. Anyone seen anything like it, and know where to get it?

You might take a look at Lowe's or Home Depot. Take a look at the their sunscreen material. I am not sure if this is what you looking for or not.

You might take a look at Lowe's or Home Depot. Take a look at the their sunscreen material. I am not sure if this is what you looking for or not.

That sounds like some sort of hardware stores? There ain't none of these around here, those particular stores I mean. But I'll look around at the ones we got here, there ought to be mosquito nets "on-the-roll" for purchase here as these parts of the land are infamous for all the mosquitoes. ;)

I am not all 100% sure those nets will do, but they do look much the same from what I remember. Strange that none of the leathercraft stores sells these nets, they are probably more usual than the acetate sort of windows these days. I like the nets a little better, because I am used to these clear windows getting miscoloured (yellowish, or some color rub-off from something) or scratched/fuzzy sooner or later.

I ordered some of the acetate from Springfield leather and it is ridiculously thin. I can't make a quality wallet with this stuff. I'm gonna have to find something else

You can get vinyl sheet in different thicknesses from just about any store that sells fabrics.

Hey thanks, ya I was thinking of checking out joannes tomorrow. I have several wallets tonight that I have looked at and they all have nice thick material for the id windows. the stuff I have is thin creases and wrinkles really easy. Maybe vinyl is the way to go? Or thicker acetate might work too if I found some.

On 8/16/2011 at 10:47 AM, Skald said:

I know this is an old post, but I am looking for the same material. Did you ever got the material or the name of it?

thanks 

naty

Hi, I'm looking for the same mesh fabric for window pockets. Did you find out what sort of material is it?

thanks,

LMO