I can see some areas needing improvement but overall I am happy with it. It will be a gift for my Dad for Dad's day.

What do you think?post-20642-055254600 1307061623_thumb.jp

:whatdoyouthink:

Edited by Wishful

Nice maple leaf Wishful. really nice. I hope I can get the same results when I start tooling.

Nice maple leaf Wishful. really nice. I hope I can get the same results when I start tooling.

Thank you, I have been doing this for about 3 months and having a blast.

I can see some areas needing improvement but overall I am happy with it. It will be a gift for my Dad for Dad's day.

What do you think?post-20642-055254600 1307061623_thumb.jp

:whatdoyouthink:

I use a straight edge when I cut my border lines, tried scribeing them and had a heck of a time trying to keep them straight. But looks pretty good.

I'm sure your dad is gonna love it! It looks real good to me and hey we gotta start somewhere

and you are off to a great start! I think you did a real good job on the basketweave and the cam border

and I really like your Maple Leaf.

Will you let us see it when you get it laced up?

I use a straight edge when I cut my border lines, tried scribeing them and had a heck of a time trying to keep them straight. But looks pretty good.

I have been wondering how people get such a clean line on the borders. My stuff has a bit more of the "hand made" look that I like sometimes. I am going to use this piece of advice!

I must say you did a great job in my opnion! I am not expert leather worker but you don't have to be to notice something that looks good!

I must say you did a great job in my opnion! I am not expert leather worker but you don't have to be to notice something that looks good!

Thanks for all of the encouragement guys (and gals), I appreciate it! So here is the final product ready for fathers day. I am sure he will like it....:P

post-20642-057237200 1308019709_thumb.jp

Nicely done & stitched! I bet yur dad loves it.

That's one of the best parts - seeing someone love & use something you make!