Sign in to follow this  
Handstitched

Rose Saddle Bags

G'Day ,

Its not very often that I show my stuff off , but after even impressing myself this arvo, I thought , why not:yes: .

These saddle bags made to the clients requirements, won't be going on a horse, but have been slightly modified to go on a small motor bike for a charity bike run up north ( Western Australia). They look a bit too nice now to go on a motor bike.

You can also see another pair in the background in the pic.( and my messy workshop)

enjoy:yes:

HS

post-7215-045393000 1307272622_thumb.jpg

post-7215-089836400 1307273131_thumb.jpg

WOW thats a lot of time invested! Im sure ROZ is one happy camper! Its amazing to see the creativity on forums, you think you got it all down pat and then you open a forum up and all these ideas and designs show up. Looks like a lot of leather, last a lifetime! Thanks for showing.

Give us a tip you might have corrected to make something easier for construction, shortcut, Oopsy, Im glad I did that first!!!

STEVE

VERY nice!

Ditto what Tim said. Those ought to really please the customer.

G'Day ,

Thank you very much, it is nice to get some feedback.

I had to 'cut & paste' different parts of roses & leaf patterns , and then move them around until they looked right and suited the bags, but I am very happy with the end result.

About the only thing I would do a bit different,is change the rose at the centre/ front , I had to fold the strap back into the keeper, otherwise it would cover the centre rose, but apart from that , I'm happy, and I very much enjoyed making them.

( PS. Why don't my emoticons work?...even though they show up when I type posts)

have a great day

HS