Here's another order out the door. The guy that ordered this one, also ordered another on I posted on here for his wife for Mother's Day. This one is for an ol' feller that still ropes calves, and it's for Father's Day. Anyway, take a look and let me know what ya'll think. As always, I'm open to suggestions on how to improve. Thanks. Be blessed.

post-7660-074992400 1307485281_thumb.jpg

That is one cool can. Great job, I like it a bunch.

Opinion... I would have disguised the makers mark in the florals not in the center.

What is a CAN anyways! LOL Sorry for the unknown item.

Looks like a son of a gun to detail though! Nice work, Corporal ?

Beautiful work! The guy that gets this will be pleased with it.

Good job Rookie!!!! :thumbsup:

great work!!!.....now it really is time to change your user name....leatherrookie is totally inappropriate ... lol

Thanks for the comments gang. I really appreciate it. I'll consider the name change AFTER the Art of the Cowboy Makers show!! I understand there's some big dawgs entered. Shoot, I hope to have the project even done in time. This trying to be on the road as a rodeo announcer, and fill customer orders in the shop (not to mention trying to turn out something nice for a show) is about to make my head explode!!! It's all good though. I only wish I was able to attend the show. I'd love to actually see the work of other people instead of just look at pics. But of course, I've got a rodeo to go to. I guess I'd really rather be at this particular rodeo though. High School State Finals, my son who just graduated is entered, and he's got a good shot to qualify for the National High School Finals Rodeo. It's gonna be tough to try to be an announcer and Dad at the same time I think. Anyway, thanks again for the comments. Stay blessed.

Nice job on this for sure!

For those of you that dont know, a rope can is what cowboys use to carry their ropes that they want to keep out of the weather when they arent in use. Typically they are used by calf ropers as their ropes are a little more affected by weather changes than say a team rope. Below is a link to Smith Brothers who have sold the best rope cans for a long time (not affiliated with Smith Brothers).

http://www.smithbrothers.com/the-original-sierra-rope-can-medium/p/X3-11646/cn/11/