glockanator

Eye Patch Template

Does anyone have an eye patch template or how to? I would like to try and make one. Thanks

Does anyone have an eye patch template or how to? I would like to try and make one. Thanks

I'd like to see one as well....:)

Rob

It's really easy. Take a circular piece of fairly stiff leather. Cut out a section and bend the edges together to make a shallow cone. Two holes for the ties and you're done. You can use one lace to keep the knots from showing.

Or you could go to a chemist and buy an el cheapo fabric one ... and take it apart to get the shape. Last one I brought for my first aid kit was a whopping $2, makes for a cheap pattern.

Natalie

Or you could go to a chemist and buy an el cheapo fabric one ... and take it apart to get the shape. Last one I brought for my first aid kit was a whopping $2, makes for a cheap pattern.

Natalie

The one I used came from my grandsons pirate costume. Traced it out on a piece of paper and went from here. used a scrap piece of heavy black leather for the eye patch and some black 2mm cord for the string.

I've given away probably 8 or 9 of them now, they were pretty pretty popular around the job on Talk-Like-A-Pirate-Day..

I may still have one, I'll look and take a picture if I can find one.

Ha ha ha hadn't thought of doing that thanks for the suggustions

eyepatch.jpg

Found this pattern its more of a "Steampunk" style.

I like the hose clamp thing. It would be a good way to mark a circle exactly the size you need it. And tamping it down on damp leather would give a clear cut line without ink.

I just made one from my own eye. I got some paper, put it over my eye and traced the socket of my skull. Then I shaped it and cut it out see if it would be a good shape, marked the strap points and transferred the pattern onto the leather. I did wet the piece and form it by nailing the patch to the head of a rubber mallet as well so it wasn't pressing down on my eye so much.

I just got this weird eye allergy/infection and it's not exactly looking pretty so I had to do something about it!

Here's the sample I made with a bit of five cord thread for a strap. Just like most things, start somewhere then fix it as you go.

post-20429-011181900 1316869911_thumb.jp