Sign in to follow this  
agteachr

Techsew Ga 1-5 R- Opinions?

Anyone have any experience or opinions on the Techsew GA 1-5R with the servo motor and speed reducer? I am making holsters- never more than 8-9 ounce leather, doubled over. Most of the time, it's 6-7 ounce. It has a clearance of 1/2" under the walking foot, which is just barely clearance for my heaviest leather projects. I like had sewing, but am getting behind on orders, so am looking for a reasonable sewing machine. I wouldn't being using it continuously- only about once or twice a week for a few hours at a time.

Anyone have any experience or opinions on the Techsew GA 1-5R with the servo motor and speed reducer? I am making holsters- never more than 8-9 ounce leather, doubled over. Most of the time, it's 6-7 ounce. It has a clearance of 1/2" under the walking foot, which is just barely clearance for my heaviest leather projects. I like had sewing, but am getting behind on orders, so am looking for a reasonable sewing machine. I wouldn't being using it continuously- only about once or twice a week for a few hours at a time.

Hi agteachr,

The Techsew GA5-1R is suitable for tack and heavy leather work projects up to 7/16" thick. It would be fine for 8-9oz leather doubled over, however the GA5-1R could leave some foot marks on the bottom side of your leather which are removable. If this is an issue for you, I recommend you check out the Techsew 5100 which is a triple feed machine that can sew up to 7/8" thick and offers various smooth presser foot options which leave no foot marks. It includes the same SmartServo motor and speed reducer as the GA5-1R. You can see more information here: http://shop.raphaels...products_id=330

You can contact us any time if you have any other questions about the machines we sell.

Thanks,

Ron

Edited by Ronnie

I've had mine since March and I think it is a good machine.I had a bobbin thread tension issue but a little tweaking the spring solved that.Other than that it runs real smooth and I like the reverse.