Hi All!

Latest off the bench. All the black is veg-tan dyed with vinegroon. That was a fun to use for the first time.

post-6163-075366800 1308527427_thumb.jpg post-6163-045828700 1308527453_thumb.jpg post-6163-002024500 1308527473_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Crystal

That is pretty cool! I don't have that kind of imagination.

Ross Brunk

Edited by RWB

awesome work crystal

Absolutely beautiful. Did you create the pattern for the tooling? Fantastic craftsmanship.

Oh my, that is so very classic, elegant...(rambles on into incoherent muttering). wow

Oh my, that is so very classic, elegant...(rambles on into incoherent muttering). wow

crystal you did a great job on the padfolio, the pattern was quite orignal and the craftsmanship is great you should be very proud of it thanks for sharing it john

I knew it would be fantastic just like everything you do You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

Crystal,

I am in awe. Your craftsmanship is superb. Attention to repetitive detail is an art and you have the "Touch".

ferg

Hi All!

Latest off the bench. All the black is veg-tan dyed with vinegroon. That was a fun to use for the first time.

post-6163-075366800 1308527427_thumb.jpg post-6163-045828700 1308527453_thumb.jpg post-6163-002024500 1308527473_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Crystal

Beautiful job Crystal!!! I'm laughing because I didn't realize that was you on facebook. Also thanks for the advice on the vinegeroon!

Bobby

Crystal,

What did you use as a stiffner inside the covers?

Thanks,

Dave

That is an awesome piece of work.

Moe

Thanks so much for all the nice comments, everyone! There are things I want to change for next time around, but I wasn't sure how everything was going to work.

Rhide- I started with a design I found in a Dover book called "Florid Victorian Ornament". It wouldn't fit the space, so I took one section out of it and tried to use that and that didn't work either. So a long story short and about 2 erasers later I came up with the repeating pattern with the only real remaining part from the origianl being the leafy-looking centers.

Bobby- I liked being one of the boys for a while! ;) I have to tell you, you almost made me not ship. I was packing up and stopped in here for a visit and saw yours. It was hard taping up my box after that.

David- I had a clear plastic tablet holder that I took the clip off of to use for the tablet holder in the cover. The plastic front and back to that I cut the spine off. And all of the afore mentioned pieces are still on the table that wasn't where I was cementing the cover fronts and liners.... it never pays to glue at 2 am.

Thanks again, everyone!

Crystal

I think that looks fantastic. The design is very unique and the finish looks great!

Bob