bison

15,000 Stitches!

I'm posting this here not because the work is anywhere near as good as what I usually see here, but because I'm proud of how much I got done in such a short time. I got a call from a purchaser for a super yacht on Wednesday last week. She wanted eight trifold padfolios with the name and image of the boat and eight binder covers with the image of the boat as well as a hand sewn book with 240 pages in it...and she wanted it by this Thursday...could I do it? I said I'd try. Well, got it designed, got the boat image knocked down into some simple lines (they gave me complete artistic license with it), and got them all done in just five days! Shipped them out this morning. My daughter even sewed two of them to help me out...and she'd never done leather work before! We figured there are about 15,000 stitches in all...and all by hand. Anyway, I owe a lot to the folks on this site who've inspired me. Hopefully, this will help someone realize that if they love this enough, they need to just go for it. They'll be amazed at what they can accomplish!

Dave

post-14241-085987400 1308705156_thumb.jp

WOW! My thumbs hurt just thinking about that many stitches. Way to go, that is a great accomplishment.

Excellent! Of course you're cutting your daughter in on the commission, right?

Child labor is free when it's family. If they argue about it with you.....start charging them for dinner. "That meatloaf is gonna cost you 6 inches of stitching....The roll? That's two inches. Don't even ask how much you have to sew for dessert."

Child labor is free when it's family. If they argue about it with you.....start charging them for dinner. "That meatloaf is gonna cost you 6 inches of stitching....The roll? That's two inches. Don't even ask how much you have to sew for dessert."

HAHA!

Nice work too by the way!

-Andy

She made sure we had a cash deal before she agreed to help!

Mike, I like the way you think!