Sign in to follow this  
connerd

Saddle Shop Burned

Last week my barn which included my blacksmith forge, carriage house, kitchen and saddle shop burned to the ground. I am sad to say that around 30 saddles dating from 1880 to the first world war are history. Antique bits, bridles, spurs and my entire research library, all tools & machinery are GONE. As are several of my customer's saddles. I can't help but feel like I let down each of the former owners of my collection by letting their cherished posessions come to such an ignoble end. Such is life I guess; I will try to emulate the old indian from the Outlaw Josey Wales and "strive to persevere".

If anyone has duplicate tools or research material please contact me as I am now in the market. THANKS

Connerd. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Things like this just can't be replaced like something from a modern maker could. Fortunately all you have learned from those pieces is still with you.

Connerd. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Things like this just can't be replaced like something from a modern maker could. Fortunately all you have learned from those pieces is still with you.

Thank You for your kind words

Edited by connerd

I read your story and feel heartfelt sadness for you. A few yours ago there was a fire in my shop, one of the most devastating time I have had to live through in my life (the shop is called my happy place). I made it through with the help of a friend who every night came over and motivated me to work on the repairs. Without his help I would have sat down and looked at the mess.

With time, things will be better and the pain will lessen.

Aaron

I am truly saddened by your loss. Fire is a horrible tragedy. There are no words, but I am sorry.

What a terrible shame. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, Connerd. I'm sure you must be reeling. My thoughts are with you.

Joanne

What region of the country are you in?

What region of the country are you in?

I am in Monticello, FL.

I want to say thanks to all you guys for the kind words and wishes.

Doyle Conner