Snook2

Juki 563 Bobbin Trouble

Just bought a Juki 563 and can't seem to get the thread from the bobbin placed correctly. All it does is knot in the bobbin case. We have a manual but it is less than clear on how to run the thread from the bobbin when placing the bobbin in the machine. Also the bobbin is very difficult to get out of the bobbin case. Can anyone give me an idea on how to make this thing work?

I have a Consew 206RB5. Many things are nearly identical in sewing machine mechanisms.

The bobbin should have the thread coming off the bottom right as you hold it in front of you. Place the bobbin in the Bobbin Case holding the bobbin the same way. Feed the thread through the slot and up into the little hole under the tension spring on the case. Pull the handle on the case and place in the machine until it seats solidly or you hear an audible click. Presser foot down, hold onto the threaded needle that is threaded from left to right, providing the long slot on the needle is to your left, lower needle into needle plate by turning the machine by hand. Keep turning until the needle comes back up through the presser feet, lift the foot, you will see a little loop of thread that isn't running through the needle. You can use a small screw driver or anything that will pull the loop towards you. As you probably know by now that is the thread coming from the bobbin. You should be ready to sew. If you have a messed up thread coming from the bobbin/bobbin case you may have too small needle, the bobbin case may not be all the way in, you threaded it wrong.

Twisted thread in the bobbin case will make it very difficult to remove. Don't do anything crazy like picking at it with a screw driver. Swing the machine head up so you can see under the machine, notably at the bobbin case, clear any thread pieces you may see.

Maybe something I have said will help, hope so.

ferg

Just bought a Juki 563 and can't seem to get the thread from the bobbin placed correctly. All it does is knot in the bobbin case. We have a manual but it is less than clear on how to run the thread from the bobbin when placing the bobbin in the machine. Also the bobbin is very difficult to get out of the bobbin case. Can anyone give me an idea on how to make this thing work?

There is a spring under the bobbin in my JUKI LU- 563, which lifts the bobbin when I lift the locking device, so it makes it easy to remove the bobbin from the shuttle. The spring is constructed so the bobbin must rotate clockwise in the shuttle or it binds up..

Edited by oldtimer

There is a spring under the bobbin in my JUKI LU- 563, which lifts the bobbin when I lift the locking device, so it makes it easy to remove the bobbin from the shuttle. The spring is constructed so the bobbin must rotate clockwise in the shuttle or it binds up..

post-5173-092838200 1309799397_thumb.jpg

post-5173-096122400 1309799419_thumb.jpg

post-5173-041771100 1309799508_thumb.jpg

I am having the same problem. I bought the machine used and got a copy of the manual, but the diagram doesn't show where the thread tension spring is located and being a newbie to industrial machines, I just don't know what I'm looking for. Can anyone tell me where the thread tension spring is located in the bobbin case? Thank you for any assistance and for taking the time to read this!