have a used singer 29-4 machine, the operation manual we found online doesn't have good pictures, the fabric is not feeding, it seems that the foot is trying to move but it's not lifting, the foot is moving back & forth.

where can I get a service manual?

any help or suggestions would be helpful.

On the back of the machine on the end of the leaf spring for the foot pressure there's wing nut that goes into a triangle looking piece of metal this controls the foot lifting,the more you push away from the end of the spring the more it should lift up.

Bob

thank you for the information. I move the wing nut & backed it off & it didn't change the pressure foot any. the machine will not feed the material, we've tried to find a service manual for it with out any luck.

you loosen the wing nut & slide the triangle piece towards the center of the machine.This pushes the foot spring up & down.

You won't find repair manuals on machines because yrs ago Singer wanted you to call the repairman to fix it & alot of times you almost have to see the machine to know what's wrong with because some thing affect others & it's hard to explain it all.

Do you have any pictures of the machine? The top of the head end and pictures of the various stages of the stitch cycle would be handy.

thank you Sewmun, I did what you said & it worked, thank you

Your Welcome,I'm glad you got it going.

Bob

where would be the best place to get thread & needles for the 29-4?

where would be the best place to get thread & needles for the 29-4?

None other than Sewmun, aka: Bob Kovar, owner of Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines. His phone number and link to his website is in his signature, in a reply to you in this topic.

thanks for the information