ahimsacowgirl

Old Finch Saddle --- Looking For Info

Looking for information on Finch saddlery Albany OR. I bought this saddle at an auction ...supposedly made by Frank Finch in the 1940's......did some googling on Finch saddlery and not coming up with much. Seller claims it appraised for a lot of money back in the 70's ....just thought someone might know something. Sorry for the large pics --I though someone who kew something about saddle dating etc might need them to look at the details. thanks

...the el cheapo looking conchos and the fact that there is no number on the ID tag makes me suspect......but I like the saddle nonetheless

post-16781-070520200 1310645820_thumb.gi

post-16781-030880600 1310645839_thumb.gi

post-16781-087037400 1310645856_thumb.gi

post-16781-093568100 1310645871_thumb.gi

post-16781-060227300 1310645890_thumb.gi

hi from California . hey, we have one out here too . Lady found it at a garage sale & is having it sell on ebay (9-30-12) . It just says FINCH on the latigo carrier & it tii has el cheapo conchos, but those can always be replaced and may have been if strings were refreshed on the saddle. This one has a tool kit on the "on" side which also reads Finch. Maker names are not all that important to be a great quality saddle. I have seen some pretty junk saddles from some well known companies like Circle Y & Billy Cook. If a saddle has great leather, good hardware & fits your horse & you then consider it a good saddle. We think this Finch saddle is pretty well made and love the scoopy seat . I did not view your pictures, but the Finch mark on this one we have is block lettering very simple & clear 5/16" tall

your pics just came up after I posted . I love that seat on yours !!! The maker mark on yours is different (fabcier) than mine but the back tab look the same . Yours is probably real BTW. If we can't find much on Frank Finch then most no one was out there copying him; more than likely .