madsaddler

My Entire Shop For Sale

[Edit: Didn't realize how old this post was. Sorry.]

Edited by Saffo

OOPS

ok 2 words ...... BARACK OBAMA ,

Barack made you close your shop? How odd. Maybe one of the Bushes will buy it. Since I personally am starting up a small business with a grant made available by President Obama's initiatives maybe you ought to look closer to home, or right in your shop as to why you're closing it up Sir.

I dont need your wise ass mouth or your stupid questions , he has destroyed our economy , our constitution our liberty freedom and rights i can no longer stay in business unless i cut my prices in 1/2 which i wont do my saddles start at 5000$ belts at 350$ and they are worth every cent , hope this satisfied your unnecessary question that was none of your business .:deadsubject::ranting2:

Barack made you close your shop? How odd. Maybe one of the Bushes will buy it. Since I personally am starting up a small business with a grant made available by President Obama's initiatives maybe you ought to look closer to home, or right in your shop as to why you're closing it up Sir.

Well said, Madsaddler. Our country is in a giant disaster that was only made significantly worse by the current administration.

Harrington

By the way, do you still have any of your shop tools, leather, machines etc. for sale?

Agree with everything youve said Madsaddler, still amazes me how that white liberal guilt keeps em blind to the truth, but remember you didnt build your business someone else did.

Oh and Double C, congrats on that handout, I mean grant, do foodstamps come with that??? Just asking.

Edited by rickeyfro

MadSaddler, if I were you I'd be mad too! After 44 years in the saddlery business, I'm having as bad a year in my shop as I've ever had. The liberals who get GRANT MONEY from taxes others have had to work hard for and pay, are always the first to take up for out of control Government spending. I've never had one thing handed to me and have worked for the little I do have. People who are given a start, can walk away when they are ready and can just shut the door and forget about how hard they had to struggle to make a business work! I guess our President was talking only about himself when he said no one made their own business! I just wonder how he can say that when he has never been in the business world as the owner of anything that I know of. You would think people would quit whipping on Bush, oh, I forgot OBAMA has only had 3 1/2 years to turn things around! At the rate we are going you will not be the only shops going out of business. I sympathize and feel for you, just know you are not alone! You said it all though!!!!!!!!

MadSaddler, if I were you I'd be mad too! After 44 years in the saddlery business, I'm having as bad a year in my shop as I've ever had. The liberals who get GRANT MONEY from taxes others have had to work hard for and pay, are always the first to take up for out of control Government spending. I've never had one thing handed to me and have worked for the little I do have. People who are given a start, can walk away when they are ready and can just shut the door and forget about how hard they had to struggle to make a business work! I guess our President was talking only about himself when he said no one made their own business! I just wonder how he can say that when he has never been in the business world as the owner of anything that I know of. You would think people would quit whipping on Bush, oh, I forgot OBAMA has only had 3 1/2 years to turn things around! At the rate we are going you will not be the only shops going out of business. I sympathize and feel for you, just know you are not alone! You said it all though!!!!!!!!

My Take, I lost my occupation as a rancher from an accident in 1994. When I started building saddles, NO ONE from the government gave me a dime. Some friends of mine and some people that knew me did help me a lot with learning, finding me bargains on tools etc. and mostly lots of encouragement. These freeloaders don't have to have any ability, talent or dedication to get started, in fact most of them have no abilities at all but they are instant experts as soon as they get their grant.

They never sold the best saddle horse they ever rode to buy a sewing machine and a hand full of tools to get started. Never sold their grandfathers shotgun to buy leather for the first few projects. Never built saddles for $50.00 over cost just for the experience. They have never windmilled all day and I mean 12-14 hour days and then worked in the leather shop for another 6 or 7 hours. I am thankful I have had the determination and grit to do it on my own. I am thankful I have what I have and that I don't have to thank any politicians for what I have. There are a lot of people on here that I look up to, admire more than words can express and there are OTHERS.

thanks for the support guys , i know this disaster of a president has affected each one of us in a very UN-AMERICAN fascist way yes i still have carving tools sewing machines including a fredco pro2000 with programmable motor and custom presser feet for the finest tightest stitch you have ever seen ill post a pic so you can see , just let me know what you need and ill see if i have it ,truly guys there is just too much to list when i shut down i had an estimated 40,000$ in hardware alone , buckles ,spots, rivets ... etc. ive already sold 40 hides of hermann oak #1's a few sewing machines and a bunch of Jeremiah watt tools but there is still more left there is still 65-85000$ worth of gear left

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE SUPPORT :grouphug5vj5:

post-6700-056147500 1343796404_thumb.jpg

Edited by madsaddler

This old thread has gotten revived then way off track and I'm stopping it. Madsaddler, please start a new thread if you still have things for sale. Let's all leave our political views out of it and be respectful, okay? Thanks!

Johanna

:grouphug5vj5: