Sign in to follow this  
ahimsacowgirl

Looking For Info On Finch Saddlery, Albany Or (Reposting Here As Per Suggestion)

Looking for information on Finch saddlery Albany OR. I bought this saddle at an auction ...supposedly made by Frank Finch in the 1940's......did some googling on Finch saddlery and not coming up with much. Seller claims it appraised for a lot of money back in the 70's ....just thought someone might know something. Sorry for the large pics --I though someone who kew something about saddle dating etc might need them to look at the details. thanks

...the el cheapo looking conchos and the fact that there is no number on the ID tag makes me suspect......but I like the saddle nonetheless

post-16781-018031000 1310677213_thumb.gi

post-16781-032387800 1310677228_thumb.gi

post-16781-046811100 1310677244_thumb.gi

post-16781-034884200 1310677259_thumb.gi

post-16781-074858400 1310677274_thumb.gi

Hi,

my name is Ron Brooks and I not only grew up in Albany but I knew Frank Finch well. In his early years Frank was a pretty good saddle maker, in his later years he wasn`t so good due mainly to poor health. The saddle you show in the pictures is very representative Franks work. I would say it was one of

his better saddles.

Frank was a retired Army Officer though I don`t remember his rank. There was quite an article about him in the Albany Democrat news paper at the time of Franks death. If you would like some more answers about Frank please contact me at the address below Sorry I didn`t see this post when first posted!

Contact at : ronaldbrooks879@gmail.com

Looking for information on Finch saddlery Albany OR. I bought this saddle at an auction ...supposedly made by Frank Finch in the 1940's......did some googling on Finch saddlery and not coming up with much. Seller claims it appraised for a lot of money back in the 70's ....just thought someone might know something. Sorry for the large pics --I though someone who kew something about saddle dating etc might need them to look at the details. thanks

...the el cheapo looking conchos and the fact that there is no number on the ID tag makes me suspect......but I like the saddle nonetheless

ahimsacowgirl see above post.

She hasn't been online since April 2013, so hopefully this quote will get to her email.

Tom