rickeyfro

Tattoo Themed Seat

One I just finished up with an old school tattoo theme

post-5441-037265900 1312081651_thumb.jpg

very nice rickey, great pebble tooling

Thanks Roo, those Hidecrafter pebblers are probably my most used tools

very nice rickey, great pebble tooling

Thanks Roo, those Hidecrafter pebblers are probably my most used tools

Fine looking work! Ditto on the pebblers I like em!

Thanks Dawg

Fine looking work! Ditto on the pebblers I like em!

Nice tattoo seat. Wich tool did you use for the circles/bubbles background? can't find any similar at my Tandy store.

Nice tattoo seat. Wich tool did you use for the circles/bubbles background? can't find any similar at my Tandy store.

"Pebblers", a type of backgrounder. Springfield Leather has some, stamps PA003, PA004, and PA005. My local Tandy has started carrying some too, as I bought one there last week--unfortunately, being the dip I am, I didn't put it on my block, and now the "house ate it". I'll see if I can find it tomorrow and give you the number off of it. If you have the number of the one I got from my Tandy, maybe your local Tandy will get them in for you.

Rickeyfro, nice job on that seat.

Ok, I found the stamp I bought at Tandy. It is marked Craftool M884, and there were at least 3 or 4 other shapes/styles with the pebble texture.

Good looking seat Rickey. :thumbsup:

On the pebble tools, definitely go with the Hidecrafter ones from Springfield. The Tandy ones don't have quite as good of definition to them as the SLC ones.

I bought 10 of the 04 and 3 of the 03 and ground & polished them to various shapes and sizes so they are now my most used backgrounders. Folks seems to take notice of the background more now than when I used the traditional cross hatch pattern.

Chris

Thats the Hidecrafter Pebblers, do yourself a favor and get some they make three sizes. Gotta be one of my most used stamps

Thanks Bear

"Pebblers", a type of backgrounder. Springfield Leather has some, stamps PA003, PA004, and PA005. My local Tandy has started carrying some too, as I bought one there last week--unfortunately, being the dip I am, I didn't put it on my block, and now the "house ate it". I'll see if I can find it tomorrow and give you the number off of it. If you have the number of the one I got from my Tandy, maybe your local Tandy will get them in for you.

Rickeyfro, nice job on that seat.

Thanks Chris, everybody that gets those pebblers has the same thing to say about em. Awesome backgrounders

Good looking seat Rickey. :thumbsup:

On the pebble tools, definitely go with the Hidecrafter ones from Springfield. The Tandy ones don't have quite as good of definition to them as the SLC ones.

I bought 10 of the 04 and 3 of the 03 and ground & polished them to various shapes and sizes so they are now my most used backgrounders. Folks seems to take notice of the background more now than when I used the traditional cross hatch pattern.

Chris

Thanks Tom

Great looking seat !!!

Tom

Agreed, the Hidecrafters are crisper. I'm using the Tandy one as a "fader" as it's large and indistinct. I don't even use a mallet--I just press it to the leather with my fingers and fade the texture out around the edges.

Cool looking seat, I like it!

elbows are too pointy.

Huh?????

elbows are too pointy.

Huh?????

sorry, it's a joke.

when you post a pic of a hot chick on a forum, and people start saying that "her elbows are too pointy, i wouldn't hit it"

it's a compliment. the seat looks great. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Thanks Randy, missed that one all together

sorry, it's a joke.

when you post a pic of a hot chick on a forum, and people start saying that "her elbows are too pointy, i wouldn't hit it"

it's a compliment. the seat looks great. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Cool looking seat. I really like old school tattoo artwork and I think it's perfect for leather tooling.