Knipper

Compounds For Stropping And Buffing

I have found that to be the same here in the area of Tennessee that I am in, I can buy it here in the small tubes as well.  I have been threatening myself that I should just go ahead and pop for the larger can and be done with it.

On November 15, 2017 at 1:00 AM, OLDNSLOW said:

I have found that to be the same here in the area of Tennessee that I am in, I can buy it here in the small tubes as well.  I have been threatening myself that I should just go ahead and pop for the larger can and be done with it.

If you are confident, in using it frequently, sure, buy a tub. I think if I had purchased a tub, I would find many more places that it could be utilized. It's not cheap here, in N. central Alberta, but if I had gone online sooner, probably would have a tub of it, on or near my hobby work bench. It's such a wonderfully useful product. From your precious jewelery, right up to tools in the work shop. I think it's good value, for the dollars spent. 

Chas

I keep thinking about it just haven't done it, in fact just bought another tube the other day.

I am currently testing a a few rust preventing products. You all have convinced me to go ahead and order a can. Around here I can only find the liquid in the bottle now, and as reported it is a diluted version of the paste. As I wrote above, I have not found the liquid to have the same rust preventative ability vs the paste. We are going into our damp season here and I might as add the paste into the test as well. Hit me up in April or May, and if things go right we can share some results.  

4 hours ago, bruce johnson said:

I am currently testing a a few rust preventing products. You all have convinced me to go ahead and order a can. Around here I can only find the liquid in the bottle now, and as reported it is a diluted version of the paste. As I wrote above, I have not found the liquid to have the same rust preventative ability vs the paste. We are going into our damp season here and I might as add the paste into the test as well. Hit me up in April or May, and if things go right we can share some results.  

Hi Bruce,

That's interesting news. I look forward to reading your test results and personal thoughts.

Yeah, for me, so far, my experiences have only been positive ones. A tub will be my next purchase size.

The Flitz tubes of product I've bought contain 150grams or 5.29 oz. about the size of a large tube of toothpaste.

I want to try it as an abrasive to help keep all of my swivel knife blades with a keen edge sharp,. Ah, as well as my round head knife and any of these important blades, in my possession. Only clean, polished and sharp will do.

Chas