Lamplog

Inskirt Riggin Hardware

I have a saddle I am working on for a gal that is really concerned about weight. She is not going to rope with this saddle, so I would not have that stress involved. Here is my question. Is there any advantage to using a flat plate in place of a normal inskirt rigging ring. Would any of you feel that there is a problem using a flat plate in a inskirt rig? I have seen a few guys use flat plates, so I am wondering if any of ya all here have used em? I think the skirt would have to be lowered like a flat plate and to me that would give a little more surface for the skirts to bear on. It is a little different look.

Thanks,

Tom

There is no problem using flat plate hardware in an inskirt rigging. It works fine. It is strong and it looks good.

Hi Troy and Bob,

Thank You, I was pretty sure there would not be but it is nice to have assurance that it would, especially from the likes of you two gentlemen!

Have a good day!

Tom

I use flat plate riigings (553's) for inskirt rigged sadles all the time. They work perfect