seveneves

New Website For Timberline Saddle Trees

I just finished a website for Randy at Timberline in Vernal Ut. We're still working on the domain name.

Thanks.

Edited by northmount
Removed bad link

Needs work, locks up when you click on photos, ..... Jeff

Nice site! The explanation of different parts of the trees and their uses is a nice touch that most tree makers do not have (that I have seen) .

I am using Firefox and everything works ( no issues with photos)

You might check spelling in a few places. I saw the word "three" where it should have been "tree" in a couple spots.

When I first made the website it was working, but since then the domain has changed so it's most likely changed. I'm trying to remove the link from here but can't figure it out.

http://www.timberlinesaddletree.wordpress.com does work, it's the first one listed that is spam doesn't work. I'm trying to remove that post but I can't find any where to remove the post.

Edited by seveneves

www.timberlinesaddletrees.wordpress.com does work, it's the first one listed that is spam doesn't work. I'm trying to remove that post but I can't find any where to remove the post.

Did a direct copy and paste. Didn't work.

This is the correct URL. http://timberlinesaddletree.wordpress.com. Knock out the extra "s".

Also edited first post in the thread and hid invalid info posts.

Tom

I like the website. It is simple and clear. Were nice if the saddle tree pictures in the saddle tree gallery could be enlarged. I am using IE.

Just had a quick look at the WordPress page you have currently working. Notice that in the diagrams on the home page that "height" is spelled wrong.

When I go to a site and find typos, misspelled words and such, it dramatically reduces my impression of the credibility of the site and its information. It is always a good idea to have others go through the content (that know the content) plus a couple that don't have experience with the subject and review it to find these little problems. When we read something that we have done, we know what is supposed to be there, and don't see the typos. I've been caught with that problem way to often!

I like your gallery of trees. Good info and good views, though I think the thumbnails should be a little larger so it is easier to read the type of tree.

For your alphabetical listing, I think it would be a good idea to link the names to the photo so a person can quickly reference the photo without having to go scan through the gallery.

Hope you get your domain setup soon so he has a dedicated site.

Tom

[Playing Devils advocate], sort of. :winkiss:

So say I need a tree, and I have heard of this tree builder from a friend or associate. I hear they are pretty nice trees, but other than that I have no info.

So I look on their web site, but,,I cant find a price. Surely price is a starting point for most tree buyers?

So,,It would be nice if there were some type of price referenced.

Now I look around the web site, but it is so shy of info about their trees. So why would I want to buy something from a web site with minimum info about their product being offered? Where's the pride in their product?

The lack of, ( hey look what we have to offer!) info, not provided, almost makes one think, hey, maybe they aren't interested in web page business. Naw, why would they have a web site if they didn't want to sell trees?

But it is a pretty clean site. Well pretty minimalist I should say.

[/Playing Devils advocate]

Now being a occasional builder of saddles I can somewhat see what they are offering. Some what.

The site just needs a lot more info.

Joel