Sign in to follow this  
TSGLeather

Where Do I Find A Simple Belt Buckle?

Hello All, thanks you for taking the time to read this, im new to the site as well as to leather working, so please forgive me if this is something simple to answer or that has already been covered. Im looking to find just a simple business/elegant style belt buckle, not sure what the actual type of buckle would be called, the ones with that are a plate with hook/ball on the back. Any of the belt buckles that I have scoured over on the net are nothing but the pewter cast ones that have some sort of logo or mascot and so on on it. I didnt think it would be this hard to find one that is comparable to the bigger named buckles on belts like CK, Hugo Boss, and Guess of all things. I dont have anything in a particular design needed, just something that is more for business without it being a roller buckle type. The pics are just some examples of what I am talking about, like I said, it doesnt have to match them in design or name, just that style of buckle. Thank you very much in advance for looking and helping me out if possible.

post-24003-077101000 1313436377_thumb.jp

post-24003-014214400 1313436445_thumb.jp

post-24003-063643400 1313436641_thumb.jp

I just went to Etsy.com and did a search for "belt buckle" in the sub-category "supplies". There were a ton of results... Might be worth browsing. Here is one that is fairly similar -

http://www.etsy.com/listing/61125742/belt-buckle-blank-base-rectangle-silver?ref=sr_gallery_28&ga_search_query=belt+buckle&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_ship_to=US&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_page=9&ga_search_type=supplies&ga_facet=supplies

Edited by Sixer

I just went to Etsy.com and did a search for "belt buckle" in the sub-category "supplies". There were a ton of results... Might be worth browsing. Here is one that is fairly similar -

http://www.etsy.com/..._facet=supplies

Hey, Thanks for the quick response! Unfortunately that would still not be what im looking for, that particular buckle is to put inlay and ends up with a groove/border around the buckle that is unwanted. I have checked on etsy as well before hand and I end up getting the same results of either alot of these inlay ones, or the other pewter ones that just wont do. Sorry, I also forgot to mention to try and stay away from the western look of the rope work and scroll work on it, like I said, more towards whats in the picture. Its getting to the point of having to just buy a belt with the particular buckle that is wanted and just get rid of the crappy leather they have on it and switch it for mines. Very frustrating. Thank you for your efforts Sixer, they are much appreciated.

Hello All, thanks you for taking the time to read this, im new to the site as well as to leather working, so please forgive me if this is something simple to answer or that has already been covered. Im looking to find just a simple business/elegant style belt buckle, not sure what the actual type of buckle would be called, the ones with that are a plate with hook/ball on the back. Any of the belt buckles that I have scoured over on the net are nothing but the pewter cast ones that have some sort of logo or mascot and so on on it. I didnt think it would be this hard to find one that is comparable to the bigger named buckles on belts like CK, Hugo Boss, and Guess of all things. I dont have anything in a particular design needed, just something that is more for business without it being a roller buckle type. The pics are just some examples of what I am talking about, like I said, it doesnt have to match them in design or name, just that style of buckle. Thank you very much in advance for looking and helping me out if possible.

You are looking for a military style belt buckle. Like the ones on this web site.

http://www.baronbelts.com/display/buckles.html

You are looking for a military style belt buckle. Like the ones on this web site.

http://www.baronbelt...ay/buckles.html

Thank you Busted for your help, the look is great, but still not the ones I need. The ones on the site are either the slip through with friction or the flip top with the teeth in it, where I need the one with the hook or ball on the back that goes through the belt holes like these pics. Thank you for your efforts

post-24003-000196800 1313504013_thumb.jp

post-24003-037696000 1313504053_thumb.jp

I've bought a bunch of lovely belt buckles recently on EBAY.

I've bought a bunch of lovely belt buckles recently on EBAY.

Thank you for the idea Somawas, Ive been hesitant to look on there, this belt is for someone and I would think buy the time they see the buckle and decide if they like it or not, it may be gone, or just over charged, but ill definitely take a look regardless, who knows, I may get lucky.

WinterBear, thank you for this site as well, much closer to what I want, I think this one may be a winner. As you can see, this has been the frustration Ive been having for sometime just finding something I would think is very simple to find, but I guess not. Thank you for your efforts.

I am still certainly open to others suggestions if they know of other places to get buckles without having to buy the minimum 100+ order. Thank you all for your time and trying to help me out

Well, luckily all of the ones I pictured are also available on Amazon (the second link on most), so if you just want to get one or two, you can, and have it shipped quick. Another option might be to get one that is unchromed nickle silver (for a "silver" color) or solid brass (for a "gold" color) that is close to what you want, then grind any surface decoration off. Obviously, this wouldn't work for anything plated or chromed, as you wouldn't be able to put the plate back on without a lot of equipment. You can then shine it back up to a mirror finish after the junk is off, or use a wire brush wheel to put a brushed finish on. A coat of jewelers lacquer would protect the new finish.

Well, luckily all of the ones I pictured are also available on Amazon (the second link on most), so if you just want to get one or two, you can, and have it shipped quick. Another option might be to get one that is unchromed nickle silver (for a "silver" color) or solid brass (for a "gold" color) that is close to what you want, then grind any surface decoration off. Obviously, this wouldn't work for anything plated or chromed, as you wouldn't be able to put the plate back on without a lot of equipment. You can then shine it back up to a mirror finish after the junk is off, or use a wire brush wheel to put a brushed finish on. A coat of jewelers lacquer would protect the new finish.

Thats a pretty good idea about modifying the buckles, but Ill have to wait on that, I dont have the set up for that, bad enough im taking up half my living room with my leather stuff, the wife wouldnt be too happy with metal and such flying around now, lol. Youve been a great help WinterBear, thanks!