Cg Leather

22 Gun Belt

I've had someone come to me wanting me to make a Gun Belt to hold 22 bullets on the back of the belt. What do you suggest on applying that? Hand sew it or machine?

tiny....lots of 'em. machine if you can. i couldn't imagine sewing them by hand.

For .22 bullets......I wouldn't even bother forming loops. Just measure 1.5 times the width of the shell (or call it 3/8ths) and stitch it down with two holes (basically a saddle stitched loop) between each one. Dampen the bullet loop strap with a sponge and push in some shells. You're stretching the leather such a small amount that you'd spend more time trying to make actual loops than you would just wet-stretching the leather.

For .22 bullets......I wouldn't even bother forming loops. Just measure 1.5 times the width of the shell (or call it 3/8ths) and stitch it down with two holes (basically a saddle stitched loop) between each one. Dampen the bullet loop strap with a sponge and push in some shells. You're stretching the leather such a small amount that you'd spend more time trying to make actual loops than you would just wet-stretching the leather.

That's a great idea, TwinOaks! I hate making 22 loops just because of their size. Will have to give that method a go.

TW

Thank you so much. I didn't even think about that. I'll try it and post some pictures when I get done. :-) thanks again!