Sign in to follow this  
Jordan

looking for clipart

Does anyone have any line drawings or clipart of leatherworking handtools? I am trying to design my business cards and would like to include a mallet, swivel knife, head knife or something like that. I don't have anything concrete idea wise, just general concepts at this point. Thanks, Jordan

So far I found this on the web somewhere now I need some more variety

awl_18832_sm.gif

post-4868-1212849443_thumb.jpg

Does anyone have any line drawings or clipart of leatherworking handtools? I am trying to design my business cards and would like to include a mallet, swivel knife, head knife or something like that. I don't have anything concrete idea wise, just general concepts at this point. Thanks, Jordan

I don't know where you can find clip art, but I just grabbed a photo of a swivel knife from the internet and opened it with my corel photo program (came with my camera), and altered the photo by using the find all edges effect and the black pencil effect.

If you like the results and you don't have a photo editing program that will do this let me know and I will try to help you out.

Jennifer

mod. edit: posts combined

Orig_Photo.jpg

Black_Pencil.jpg

find_all_edges.jpg

post-6557-1212904845_thumb.jpg

post-6557-1212904869_thumb.jpg

post-6557-1212904883_thumb.jpg

Edited by TwinOaks

Thanks for the information, I have Gimp on my computer so I will take some pics of my tools and give it a try.

Jordan, did you get this figured out? If not let me know, my sign making program vectors anything an I will certainly do that for you.

KAthy

I ended up going in a different direction used photos and just made them real small.

I was thinking about doing the same thing with leather working tools as part of my logo but my wife thought that people who were not into Leather working might not know what they are and they wouldn't get it. Looking around though I see quite a few peoples logo's with LW tools in them. What do you guys think about incorporating our tools into the design?Not meaning to hijack your thread Jordan, just what you are trying to accomplish brought up the question in my mind again and I thought I would ask, hope you don't mind!!

I ended up going in a different direction used photos and just made them real small.
Do we get to see it??

I saved it as a glabels file format and can't get it to convert into a viewable file outside of the label designer program. It's kinda late and I am a little loopy so I will see if I can post one tomorrow.

If nothing else, copy, paste, and save as a jpeg. Then you can do anything with them.

Copy paste wouldn't work. I was able to take a screenshot and save it. Edited out phone and email.

screenshot.jpg

post-4868-1223965389_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jordan

hmmm well I'm still trying to learn about Gimp. Instead of 'copy', I right clicked and did a 'save pic. as'. Ain't it great to have all the different progs, where instructions aren't universal?

jordan.jpg

post-5374-1223986914_thumb.jpg

just messin with gimp some what blurry. came out real sharpe when exported to a pdf but would not load. Programs are irritating sometimes either they have to much flexability or not enough.LOL

output.jpg

post-4868-1223998665_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jordan