DonnieBlaze

Saddle Diferances

Could someone tell me the diferance between austrailian stock and english saddles? to me they look very similer. i am trying to learn about thes types of saddles becouse here in Maryland we use english types of saddles and i am hoping to learn to repair them and maybe make some custom ones to but all i can fined is a book on making austrailian stock saddles. thank you for all your help

Edited by DonnieBlaze

Could someone tell me the diferance between austrailian stock and english saddles? to me they look very similer. i am trying to learn about thes types of saddles becouse here in Maryland we use english types of saddles and i am hoping to learn to repair them and maybe make some custom ones to but all i can fined is a book on making austrailian stock saddles. thank you for all your help

Donnie - There is a book on english saddle and harness making. The title is "Saddlery and Harness Making" by Paul L. Hasluck.

This book was originally published in 1904 but is still available (I have a copy). Believe you could locate a copy on the internet say

possibly AMAZON. Good luck. I do right much english repair in my shop and I hate it but business is business and a feller has to

make a living.