Aahran

New Carver Guitar Strap

This is my first attempt at a significant project. I was going for a garden at twilight effect with the colouring, which is why everything fades up from brown. Let me know what you think. Pattern is the basic Tandy guitar strap pattern.

post-18352-026916800 1314638918_thumb.jp

post-18352-011050000 1314638919_thumb.jp

post-18352-083620500 1314638919_thumb.jp

post-18352-060309300 1314638920_thumb.jp

post-18352-029724600 1314638921_thumb.jp

It really looks good. Your edges need some work though. They make or break any project. I envy anyone that can put color to their projects......nice job!

This is my first attempt at a significant project. I was going for a garden at twilight effect with the colouring, which is why everything fades up from brown. Let me know what you think. Pattern is the basic Tandy guitar strap pattern.

I really like the buckstitching on there! Nice use of color as well. I haven't done too many projects with different colors. That is something I would like to explore more. It is a nice feeling to have something functional once you are done too! I love leatherwork for that reason.

One question for you, It looks like hair cell pig skin lining leather you used on the inside. I am curious as to why you put the "glossy" grain side in? The back flesh side is what is showing. Was the just preference or was it just some kind of split leather?

I really like the buckstitching on there! Nice use of color as well. I haven't done too many projects with different colors. That is something I would like to explore more. It is a nice feeling to have something functional once you are done too! I love leatherwork for that reason.

One question for you, It looks like hair cell pig skin lining leather you used on the inside. I am curious as to why you put the "glossy" grain side in? The back flesh side is what is showing. Was the just preference or was it just some kind of split leather?

Thanks for the comments. The lining is a pigskin split, suede both sides. I wanted the strap to have a bit of grab on the shoulder so that it wouldn't slide around too easily.

It really looks good. Your edges need some work though. They make or break any project. I envy anyone that can put color to their projects......nice job!

Yeah, I was a little disapointed with the edging on the lining. I thought it would look okay if I trimmed it flush to the facing piece, but in retrospect, I probably should have folded it under.

Thanks for the comments. The lining is a pigskin split, suede both sides. I wanted the strap to have a bit of grab on the shoulder so that it wouldn't slide around too easily.

Doh! I didn't even think about it needing some grab. Totally understand.