entiendo

First Set Of Hobbles

very nice!

Wow those look sharp. I like the 4 into one really looks good. Now I want to see a pic of them on a horse. ;)

Nice looking work. Do they adjust. I also like the four into one and the long button you put on there. The pineapple knots also have a nice shape to them.

Mike

Those look very complicated, very pretty! Good job; are they adjustable?

Not adjustable, but the slide holding them on the ring could be adjusted a little. I used the measurements from bruce grants book. Hopefully they fit! Though I'm not entirely sure they will actually be used on a horse. I think they are for decorating a saddle. That's one of the problems making something you don't use yourself.

:thumbsup: Whow those look great. I hope that these don't end up where my first set of hobbles went. I gave them to a cowboy to use so he could tell me how they worked and well they are lost somewhere in a (they think) wheat field. They put them on the horse then rode off on all the other horses leaving the one behind and that lone horse ended up running to join them Hobbles gone. :bawling:

It hurts to know the hard work went for nothing but in your case those are diffently a show piece and hope that they treat them as such. Love them, you do great work.

Annette

You NEVER give away your stuff to people that might night appreciate the work and love that goes into them. A family member of mine lost a beautiful braided leash out of a moving car. I understand that happening, but I can't believe she had to tell me she lost it and how she lost it. So upsetting.

It hurts to know the hard work went for nothing but in your case those are diffently a show piece and hope that they treat them as such. Love them, you do great work.

Annette

Well I guess my view is a bit contrary to your Annette. You could say they did just what you asked and field tested them, sounds like they could have been tighter then they wouldn't have fell off when the horse moved. One trick is to run your lead rope through the hobbles so the horse can't get it's head above his withers. If they can't get their head up they have a hard time moving very fast when hobbled.

Those hobbles are sure enough a show piece but I'd sure hate to see tack I made not get used on a horse. Not looking for a fight just offering my take on the deal.

Mike

I like the thought that one of mine pieces might be to precious to one of my customers to get it dirty. Ego I guess. LOL

I like the thought that one of mine pieces might be to precious to one of my customers to get it dirty. Ego I guess. LOL

Ego !!!

No mate , not at all !!!!

Our customers buy our gear for what evey reason they want it for ,,, most want to use it for what we make it for ,,, some want to hang it on the wall and use it as art ,,, who is wrong and who is right ????

I think they can do what ever they want with it..as long as the dont wreck it !!

cheers

www.bwrwhips.com

Thanks Bevan. Heard from the customer and he wants me to make him another large piece. He loves it. Just what he wanted.

Jackie

Very nice set of Hobbles. Congratulations.

Enrique