leatheroo

Spirit of Autumn

I was feeling the need to take my masks to the next level, so today i created my first multilayer mask. I have to admit i was thrilled with the outcome. It is created by making two masks and sticking them together and i then added another 8 leaves stuck between the two layers to fill him out. The two masks and extra leaves were airbrushed seperately before assembly. The only thing i am not happy about is the back of the mask, just a little messy, but i may keep this one for myself and hang him on a wall.

DSCF0535.gifDSCF0533.gif

post-4514-1212996884_thumb.jpg

post-4514-1212996927_thumb.jpg

The MASK in OUTSTANDING! Woah! You really peak a person's interest int the art of Mask Making! Keep up the awesome work and who cares that the mask is a little messy in the back... airbrush it brown and call it earth....

Can't wait to see the next one!

Troy

AMAZING!

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Hi Caroline,

I think you achieved your goal, that really is taking it to the next level! I like the 3-D effect a lot. The leaves really go well together with the different layers, and the coloring is great. Nice job!

Clay

I like the way you included detail into the leaves. The layering definately adds a touch ........... well, perhaps a realism as though you made the mask by attaching leaves upon leaves blending & building their color.

Nice,

Regis

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Definetly next level!! I'm so happy for you, you topped yourself with this one and considering the awesome mask you've done before I seriously doubt there's any limit to you.

Go pop a cold one, my treat this time :cheers:

Tom

Edit: just remembered that there is some kind of deity in the celtic tales called the green man, often depicted like this.

Edited by TomSwede

Thats a BEAUTIFUL Mask!!

:jawdropper: That is so very beautiful. Guess it is getting to be Fallin Oz. The theme is there. Love the airbrushing on the leaves. The effect is so realistic. :specool:   Let's see some more.

Storm

WOW! VERY nice mask! Love the colors and 3D affect. It's 106 degrees here in the shade. I'll take as much autumn as you have to offer.

Beautiful work! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Rich

Roo,

Awesome mask. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

The detail in the different leaf patterns really look sharp and keep the eyes moving frorm leaf to leaf.

Are there plans for the other seasons???

Johnny

ROO, Nicely done. Definitely a new level of artistic expression.

Beautiful job, Caroline! And very nicely painted. I have been working on a Green Man mask myself, and I love the challenge of fitting all the leaves together. You have really succeeded at it.

Beautiful work as always : )

Beautiful work!! i really like your uses of colors..

Roo, this is over the top, great looking mask, I love the effect you've gotten by layering the leaves. Very nicely done.

Ken

This is my favorite of your masks, so far. It turned out fabulous! I really like how you layered it, and how well the layers work with one another. Sometimes people layer masks for this effect, but they don't quite achieve an organic look or feel the way you did.

Great job!

~Tammy

I really love the splash of autumn colors and the multi-dimensional effect of the layers, Roo. Very nice work!

Kate

Really, really nice! I'll have to ditto Colman - One of these for each season? I think that would be too cool. Great job! :thumbsup:

Crystal

Hi Roo,

I knew I was going to like whatever I saw that you would put up but THIS just shocked me. You did a great job both on plan and execution. Thank you for challenging yourself because you inspire us to do the same with your lovely work.