Sign in to follow this  
TomSwede

Double Hd Seat

Recent seat that I made specific to customers specs. The seatpan is the original HD Crossbones plastic pan. it was a bit nervous making it because I was afraid to bend it out of shape when I streched the leather around the edges.

because of that i did the final pop riveting and streching at customers garage. Got a perfect fit.

I'm not overly pleased with the beveling as I didn't get it all that even that I'd like, more practice on walking the beveler :-)

Over winter we will fix up his bag to match the seat.

Tom

post-5146-095843800 1315812413_thumb.jpg

post-5146-069717000 1315812424_thumb.jpg

post-5146-000992700 1315812445_thumb.jpg

post-5146-014118500 1315812464_thumb.jpg

post-5146-007325900 1315812492_thumb.jpg

post-5146-033878700 1315812501_thumb.jpg

post-5146-089884400 1315812519_thumb.jpg

post-5146-074587500 1315812594_thumb.jpg

post-5146-042483000 1315812608_thumb.jpg

post-5146-097543500 1315812617_thumb.jpg

That's a very nice looking seat. Do you make card templates to cut the panels first? What thickness leather do you use? I really like you black and red dying, I still cant get that same vibrant effect.

Did you change the shape of the foam or is it original? I bet the owner is very happy with that!

I recovered my bike seat after inserting a gel pack but I just used red upholstery leather. Ive not tried making a tooled leather seat yet.

Recent seat that I made specific to customers specs. The seatpan is the original HD Crossbones plastic pan. it was a bit nervous making it because I was afraid to bend it out of shape when I streched the leather around the edges.

because of that i did the final pop riveting and streching at customers garage. Got a perfect fit.

I'm not overly pleased with the beveling as I didn't get it all that even that I'd like, more practice on walking the beveler :-)

Over winter we will fix up his bag to match the seat.

Tom

the work on the graphics is brilliant! Really like it, nice job!

That's a very nice looking seat. Do you make card templates to cut the panels first? What thickness leather do you use? I really like you black and red dying, I still cant get that same vibrant effect.

Did you change the shape of the foam or is it original? I bet the owner is very happy with that!

I recovered my bike seat after inserting a gel pack but I just used red upholstery leather. Ive not tried making a tooled leather seat yet.

Thanks Odin!!!

I used the same pattern as the original seat but I couldn't use the old cover so I made new patterns using a the sort of plastic that you put under floor tiling. It behaves alot more like leather than paper and is somewhat transparent so first I draw up the panels on the foam and then pin this foamsheet onto seat and trace the lines onto it and get the panels. It is rigid enough to lay onto leather and draw cutting lines then.

Customer wanted the original foaming but I did put a layer of yogamat on top of the old foam to make it a bit more rigid.

The side panels are thinner cow leather so had to be really careful because it wrinkles easy in the bends when you lace it.

The owner was very pleased with it :-)

Tom

the work on the graphics is brilliant! Really like it, nice job!

Thank you very much rumblestiltskin!!!!

Tom

Customer wanted the original foaming but I did put a layer of yogamat on top of the old foam to make it a bit more rigid.

Tom

Tom

Looks great Tom! And here I thought I was the only one who used yoga mat in seats.

Looks great Tom! And here I thought I was the only one who used yoga mat in seats.

Haha guess where I picked up the tip to use yoga mats ;-)

Thanks mate, the mats are great :-) Was it also you that used wheelbarrels tiretubes for solo seats, just sewing it in flat and let the nipple poke out so that you can inflate it after stitching done?

Gotta try that sometime!!

Tom

Thats a really cool seat , matches the bike perfectly, colours are solid

Pete K