Forkbeard

Need Parts For Luberto Cub

I bought a Luberto Cub. It is AWESOME.

But I broke a part. I can't beleive it broke, but it did.

I am willing to get a new one machined, but am trying to find parts from either the company or a secondary supplier first.

I tried their pnone number and email, but no dice. Can anyone help me find them?

FB

That company is out of business. You would be smart to have a machine shop make the replacement part.

Cool, I can live with that.

It is an aluminum part, one of the only ones I could find on the machine. Should I maybe have it made in stainless steel? It easily could be. Should I post some pictures of it? It may be a common part, I don't know. It seems like it could be.

FB

It's really going to depend on WHERE the part is and what it does. Sometimes having an aluminum part that fails is better than having a steel part that DOESN'T fail, and instead causes more damage.

An example of this is the rack gear in the Tippmann Boss. They are made of aluminum. One member posted here that they had broken the part and replaced it with a steel one. When the malfunction happened again ( timing issue or some such....there was a bad bind up of parts) instead of shearing the teeth off the rack gear, the steel gear withstood the force and ended up cracking the housing. In that particular case, having a part with a fail point that's weaker than the housing was a good idea. I don't know enough about the Cubs (other than that I almost bought one) to discuss the internals.

It's really going to depend on WHERE the part is and what it does. Sometimes having an aluminum part that fails is better than having a steel part that DOESN'T fail, and instead causes more damage.

An example of this is the rack gear in the Tippmann Boss. They are made of aluminum. One member posted here that they had broken the part and replaced it with a steel one. When the malfunction happened again ( timing issue or some such....there was a bad bind up of parts) instead of shearing the teeth off the rack gear, the steel gear withstood the force and ended up cracking the housing. In that particular case, having a part with a fail point that's weaker than the housing was a good idea. I don't know enough about the Cubs (other than that I almost bought one) to discuss the internals.

The rack gear, needle foot and some other parts in a Tippmann Boss ( aluminium version) are made of zink. The aluminium version of the Boss is best suited as a door stop, compared to the cast iron version!

oops! I guess in trying to relate that I swapped the metals around. Thanks for the reminder. And I've heard nothing but good things about the cast iron models, but sadly, they aren't as available as they once were. So, I'm using an aluminum one, and I got to tell you......sewing through thick leather with it is certainly easier than using an awl and needles for hand stitching.

An example of this is the rack gear in the Tippmann Boss. They are made of aluminum. One member posted here that they had broken the part and replaced it with a steel one. When the malfunction happened again ( timing issue or some such....there was a bad bind up of parts) instead of shearing the teeth off the rack gear, the steel gear withstood the force and ended up cracking the housing.

This is a case where the manufacturer should have considered building in a pop-out safety clutch for the shuttle drive.

oops! I guess in trying to relate that I swapped the metals around. Thanks for the reminder. And I've heard nothing but good things about the cast iron models, but sadly, they aren't as available as they once were. So, I'm using an aluminum one, and I got to tell you......sewing through thick leather with it is certainly easier than using an awl and needles for hand stitching.

I have one iron frame Boss for sale with all attachments, but it is located in Sweden. I have had two aluminium Boss machines before I found a cast iron machine, both broke down with normal use so I managed to get new parts for them and sold them. ( Also I found out, the hard way, that Tippmanns "excellent" customer service does not reach beyond the US border, much left to be desired !)

Now I have found a used Adler 205-374 in superb condition so my Boss is standing idle and is for sale.

/ Knut

I have one iron frame Boss for sale with all attachments, but it is located in Sweden. I have had two aluminium Boss machines before I found a cast iron machine, both broke down with normal use so I managed to get new parts for them and sold them. ( Also I found out, the hard way, that Tippmanns "excellent" customer service does not reach beyond the US border, much left to be desired !)

Now I have found a used Adler 205-374 in superb condition so my Boss is standing idle and is for sale.

/ Knut

Hi Knut,

I've been searching for a Boss in Europe for a long time... I almost gave up and I was on ebay search now . Is yours still for sale ? Sweden is sure a little bit closer to Romania where I live and work.

Hi Knut,

I've been searching for a Boss in Europe for a long time... I almost gave up and I was on ebay search now . Is yours still for sale ? Sweden is sure a little bit closer to Romania where I live and work.

Hi

No, I have changed my mind about selling my Boss. I have put it in a box for possible future use.

To find a used Boss here i Europe is almost impossible. If you find one, here or in the US, make sure it is the cast iron model, as the aluminium model is a piece of crap, and don´t expect to get customer service from Tippmann on this side of the Atlantic. I learned that the hard way.

/ Knut

Hi

No, I have changed my mind about selling my Boss. I have put it in a box for possible future use.

To find a used Boss here i Europe is almost impossible. If you find one, here or in the US, make sure it is the cast iron model, as the aluminium model is a piece of crap, and don´t expect to get customer service from Tippmann on this side of the Atlantic. I learned that the hard way.

/ Knut

Thank you Knut for your fast answer!

If you ever change your mind, just let me know!

I'm working now on a 1966 Minerva wich is a sewing locomotive so ...