BBAYS

Landis #1

I was offered a landis Model 1 machine by an old harness maker getting out of the business. It is complete and in good working order. I dont think it is the machine I need to sew holsters but was wondering what the value of a machine like this is and if there is a market to resell it.

I was offered a landis Model 1 machine by an old harness maker getting out of the business. It is complete and in good working order. I dont think it is the machine I need to sew holsters but was wondering what the value of a machine like this is and if there is a market to resell it.

It all depends what part of the world you are in if you can resell it and find a buyer for it. Most of these were made around 1890 to 1920 or so. Parts are no longer made. The machine needles are available in two sizes 250 and 300. If you can find them. Schmetz stopped making them 2 years ago they are bigger than the 794 needle in diameter and length. This machine is made for harness making. It has a wax pot below the shuttle and needle it is feed through a side attachment.

Does it have the side peddles on it with a hand crank on the right side? They weigh around 300 + pounds with the peddles and correct table attached.

I have seen them sell for 150.00 at Weavers auction in June and sometimes they don't sell at all.

post-12567-096234800 1317427823_thumb.jp

It does have the pedals and crank to the right. It is all there and original. Sounds like more trouble than it is worth.

Landis #1 for harness or other types of leather or web slings these are still great sewing machines to this day. But you have to put it on a modern H leg table with a clutch or servo motor with a reduction weal don't let any body tell you any different Landis #1 just have there place of cores you cant sew doilies or do auto upholstery with it. still to this day they have a bottom stitch as good as a Adler 205 or Juki 441 I have one setup very nicely for $950. you pay the shipping. just call me at (HOT ROD UPHOLSTERY) in Spokane WA. (509)362-1035 or (509)315-5988 I have about 35 commercial machines in my upholstery shop and about 9 or 10 are for sale.

IF you' a saddle maker or leather man I have extra heavy flat bed with revers for sale and it is a good one a really really good one (509) 362-1035 ask for Steve