Scary Leatherworks

Awaiting My Cobra Class 4

I hope it clears customs in a timely manner. I am willing to bribe someone, although I'm not sure I would feel comfortable knowing that my measly bribe was enough to allow something to slip thru :blush: still, I am willing.

i got mine last week, have not tried to sew yet, when you get yours have help around to mount the head to the table. its heavy

I hope it clears customs in a timely manner. I am willing to bribe someone, although I'm not sure I would feel comfortable knowing that my measly bribe was enough to allow something to slip thru :blush: still, I am willing.

Waiting on mine also. I talked to Steve at the Saddle makers show in Wichita Falls last week. He said they just got out of customs last week.

Same here. I talked to someone named David today and he said mine should ship late this week or early next week. I have been impatiently waiting.

Same here. I talked to someone named David today and he said mine should ship late this week or early next week. I have been impatiently waiting.

it will be worth your wait, I got my class 4 before the problems in Japan, back then I didn't have to wait very long when I ordered mine. your going to love your machine

it will be worth your wait, I got my class 4 before the problems in Japan, back then I didn't have to wait very long when I ordered mine. your going to love your machine

How was yours packaged? Did you have any difficulty getting into your shop?

it came palletized shrink wrapped, the head is in a cardboard box incased in a styrofoam shell. the stand is put together and bolted down to the pallet, you'll need to install the rollers first then you can move the stand around easily. when you un pack the head don't tear up the box, you'll need in for return shipping of the head if you ever have to return it for warranty work (probably will never need to but save the head packaging anyway) open the top, invert the box and slide it off the styrofoam casing. save that stuff too. it wasn't hard to get inside but you'll need someone to help you lift the head up onto the stand. the head weights right around 175 lbs if not more so be careful setting it up. I believe shipping weight on the pallet is right at 320 lbs if I remember right but if you can get it close to the door it'll be easy to get inside. the truck that delivered mind had a tailgate lift and just backed right in close to the door and I did the rest myself, my step daughter came over and helped me lift the head onto the stand and held it till I got a couple bolts in. take some time and watch steve's DVD first and keep it handy, I knocked the timing off a bit and the DVD walks you through re setting the timing. the cheap screw drivers and allen wrenches twisting and rounded off so get you some quality screw drivers and a good quality set of metric allen wrenches, my allen wrenches are falcon tools with the ball end one the long end and work well. the screws and bolts you'll have to loosen for re setting the timing and even changing out parts to sew leather or thick webbing are really tight so be careful making adjustments. oil everything before first use and as steve's recommendation in the video.

I think I spent a couple hours putting it together and started playing with it, the only problems I've had were my own fault and Steve covers it well in the DVD and he's always just a phone call away if you need anything. I bought my Cobra from recommendations from my sister's boyfriend, he's been using one in his saddle shop for a while now and loves his machine too. it's a great machine

hope your Cobra arrives soon, John