Sign in to follow this  
David

Working On A New Seat.

Mike,

Thanks for taking a look at the Time 2 Fly seat. But, I have to say that there are few if any in the leather world today who can or should be compared to Bobby Park. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the compliment, it is just that Bobby is in a class all by himself. Taking a class and picking his brain is probably #1 on my bucket list.

Thanks again for looking, I'll keep posting as long there are a few still looking at them.

Dave

I second that...I'd have a hard time choosing between Bobby & Peter Main, both are what I'd consider the "Idols" if there were such a thing in leatherworking. ;)

Beautiful work as always Dave. your work is something to aspire to. as for lack of notation. well, I think ya got a couple things going on. I am guilty of this first one. your stuff is so good, it gets mundane to post,,,great job dave, wonderful seat dave, perfect as always dave. I mean, how much of that can you write, lol. You have become a staple and a beacon for seat artists to say the least. so i think a little of that. I think the economy that has everything down, plays another percentage to a certain aspect. You wouldnt think much on a forum, but if your draggin $$ wise, a cool bike seat is past talking about to folks. you can tell by the prices of HD's on craigslist. (which I should be taking advantage of , but cant seem to scrap the cash either). another maybe time of year. summer is winding down some of the fringes of the forums a little less active? not sure. but I think its just a period of time,,,,that willl pass, unlike everyone wanted to be like dave. I do.

I was realized surprised, you dye AFTER you do all the lacing?

Very clean on both sides, this has got to be the best forum anywhere for leather worker's especially when you are self taught and this is your only support. I am guilty of looking at forums and not posting and I just get caught up in work, family, and life. Your a great artist and if you are anything like me you like encouragement and feedback. So I have to say good job and keep posting, everyone loves it.

I like many love your work Dave and i hop you keep posting!

By the way how did you apply the black with out getting it everywhere. Did you mask of the area and airbrush the black?

I like many love your work Dave and i hop you keep posting!

By the way how did you apply the black with out getting it everywhere. Did you mask of the area and airbrush the black?

The black was hand painted with a "0" brush.

Dave

that is some prime leatherwork youre doin'!!!!:You_Rock_Emoticon:

I'd like to learn about those laces one day...

best regards,

Silk

that is some prime leatherwork youre doin'!!!!:You_Rock_Emoticon:

I'd like to learn about those laces one day...

best regards,

Silk

Nearly everything I do on my seats is shown in tandy's booklet called How to Lace. I think it is about $6.

David Theobald

Another great looking seat!

Nearly everything I do on my seats is shown in tandy's booklet called How to Lace. I think it is about $6.

David Theobald

I would like to learn this style of lacing. I have that same booklet, but I find the illustrations confusing. I need a video to watch someone do this so I can learn it, anybody know where I can find one?

any update on this seat David?

* edit * page three has the completed seat.

Edited by Dreadly

AWESOME DAVID!!!!!!!!!! Man your seats are really great! I love everything about it! Especially the 2-toned lace! It is very tricky to get figured out and when you get into it ; it is very zen and well worth it! F'N GREAT!

Very nice work!