Happy Hooligan

Black Delrin Maker Stamps... Anyone Use It?

I have used the ones from Grey Ghost Graphics ever since the Butler IFoLG show 5 years ago and have had good wear.

Art

I'm on the market for a custom stamp and was going to go steel. but has anyone used the black Delrin type stamps?

do they hold up? I assume steel is the better choice, but thought I'd ask.

I have used the ones from Grey Ghost Graphics ever since the Butler IFoLG show 5 years ago and have had good wear.

Art

You've used the same one for five years? That's great. Is the detail very fine or do you have a pic of the final product on leather? It's about half the price of a steel one. I don't make a lot of stuff, but I want a quality professional mark.

Thanks

Mine are for my chop, very small and extremely fine. I use them on harness leather (among other things) that is quite hard as well as regular tooling veg tan.

I will print up something over the weekend and post it here.

Jeff did a boy scout one for me and I made over 300 impressions into some really hard Tandy leather I had from 12 years ago, and the stamp still looks like the day it arrived.

Jeff is a great person to work with and you should see some of his inlay work.

Art

You've used the same one for five years? That's great. Is the detail very fine or do you have a pic of the final product on leather? It's about half the price of a steel one. I don't make a lot of stuff, but I want a quality professional mark.

Thanks

I also have one from Jeff at Grey Ghost and am extremely pleased with it. My logo is all fine line work and it renders it very well. I have not had it all that long, but have no reason to think it will not last a good long time if I take care of it.

Jeff's a busy man! I have 2 from him, a 1" & a 11/2". As long as you hold and hit them squarely they should last a long time. My first 1" one I got from him lasted about 2 years until I smashed it off-center and collapsed the border edge. The 2 I have now are around 3 yrs. old, and act like they're new.

My vote is for grey ghost as well. Jeff was extremely helpful and worked very fast. I've used mine for a solid year now and even with some VERY fine lettering and fairly hard leather I've had no loss of any sort.

Jeff made mine.......post-1906-024298300 1321883534_thumb.jpg

Just ordered a stamp this afternoon. Jeff told me he would be shipping it to me tomorrow. Now that is excellent service. Can't wait to try it out. Have several orders this week.

Was in contact with a company (un-named) in California. They only wanted $385.00. I can order 6 stamps from Jeff for that price.

I ordered one from Jeff yesterday. It should be on the way. Really looking forward to using it.

I have one from Jeff, Not a lot of use as of yet. But, hit it square and hard and you'll like it.

I get mine from a terrific fellow who sells on eBay. He goes out of his way to help you build exactly what you want and the price is just unbeatable at $25.00

I've been using a Delrin stamp for approximately two years now and the impressions are still very sharp and clear.

I use a small (one ton) arbor press to do my makers mark stamp and it always works beautifully.

The stamp makers name on eBay is nexus123 or just type in the eBay search engine, "delrin stamp" or "leather stamp" and you'll find him.

I hope this helps some of you get started with your new makers stamp.

Bud

I get mine from a terrific fellow who sells on eBay. He goes out of his way to help you build exactly what you want and the price is just unbeatable at $25.00

I've been using a Delrin stamp for approximately two years now and the impressions are still very sharp and clear.

I use a small (one ton) arbor press to do my makers mark stamp and it always works beautifully.

The stamp makers name on eBay is nexus123 or just type in the eBay search engine, "delrin stamp" or "leather stamp" and you'll find him.

Bud

Do you have any way to contact that guy directly apart from ebay? I hate jumping through their hoops just to communicate with someone.

Do you have any way to contact that guy directly apart from ebay? I hate jumping through their hoops just to communicate with someone.

Nexus123 is also a member here on the forums, you can send him a PM. His name is Studio-N.

Karina

Thank you Karina, I didn't know that he was a member here.

I appreciate you telling me that. Thank you.

Bud

Nexus123 is also a member here on the forums, you can send him a PM. His name is Studio-N.

Karina

I just took delivery on a stamp from Studio-N, and while I can't show it because of the private nature of it, I will tell you that it works beautifully, the price was right and the service was great. From order to delivery was within a week.

Thanks Studio-N !!

Mine from Jeff is sharp and crisp and used only 25-30 times but works great and is super fast on getting it to ya.

I just took delivery on a stamp from Studio-N, and while I can't show it because of the private nature of it, I will tell you that it works beautifully, the price was right and the service was great. From order to delivery was within a week.

Thanks Studio-N !!

thanks ray, very kind of you.

Bud

Thanks Bud,

They are under the user awlivers on ebay. I no longer sell on ebay directly, but my buddy has them listed under his acct.