wildrose

Just When You Get Them "broken In"

I called to place an order yesterday and got a (obviously new) woman by the name of Kaitlyn (spelling?) She informed me Billy is no longer there - boo! He was terrific. I had to go over my requirements several times with her and I'm still not confident I'm going to get what I need.

:thumbsdown:

I called to place an order yesterday and got a (obviously new) woman by the name of Kaitlyn (spelling?) She informed me Billy is no longer there - boo! He was terrific. I had to go over my requirements several times with her and I'm still not confident I'm going to get what I need.

That happened here in Michigan also. Seems to be the mode of operation for Tandy. If I worked for Tandy, I'd be looking to move to another more secure job. It is a shame, but; in today's business world, there just seems to be a cut throat, bottom line now attitude that does not lend it's self to long term employees or loyal customers. Seems that taking care of your employees, and creating a "family" attitude in your business is just something they don't teach in them new fangled business schools! Probably cause the folks running and teaching, don't understand it either.

Sad,

Bob

Chalk it up to my brainless moment of the week....the guy I'd been dealing with was Jimmy, not Billy. Just got my order, it's perfect, and called the store to tell them I was a happy customer as usual.

That said, they DO seem to move managers around alot!

same thing in syracuse. i was surprised one day to see that Robin was no longer working at the store. she was great.

the current manager, while helpful, has been a bit pushy and leaning towards overly helpful. but, he got me what i wanted.

it's hard to believe that a well established company like tandy would cause their own turnover. turnover is usually the last thing a company wants - especially on a scale like this..

Happened to me here in Utah to, new is fine but the lack of knowledge is appalling to say the least. The goof balls here didn't even know what a RESIST was for crying out loud. I told them they should all join LW and do some research on the stuff that they are supposed to be selling. Oh well i geuss, what can ya do.

I think it's interesting that everyone in this thread is assuming that the managers or employees were let go by Tandy. Perhaps they were moved to another store that was underperforming? Or perhaps they left of their own accord? I know the Knoxville store recently got a new manager who had been trained here in Nashville for the better part of a year.

The "let go" part was certainly not my point - I know the company moves managers around alot. My point was that it's frustrating to get a good relationship going with a manager and then have them gone with no warning. I'm pretty sure the girl I spoke with was staff and not management anyhow, too green. She was very nice, though, and got the job done right - so I expect with time and experience she'll be great.

I started calling and mail ordering my items from the Raleigh store ask for Aubrin he is the manager 919-981-0021 make sure to mention I sent you to him. Much better service.

Edited by RMB Custom Leather

I've met Aubrin :-) He's great too. My sister and her family live near Raleigh, so when I visit I go there to buy in person. For some reason I have less "warm feelings" about that store than the Charlotte store. Not sure why. But he really knows his stuff. I think it's more a personality issue that leads me to like phone dealings with Jimmy at Charlotte more.

Baldwin Park, CA recently changed managers too (4th one in as many years) and the new manager Jessica is a pleasure to deal with. Her and the staff are still a bit green on actual leatherworking processes but she seems to know the product and is working on bringing in better picks for the leather. L.A. area Tandys have been plagued with middle to lower end of the pile quality leather, even in the Royal Meadow, and she's working to change that. The last shipment was actually pretty nice.

She's also working to improve the educational classes in the area and bringing in guest instructors to do topic focused classes. Among others, I'm going to be doing an introductory leather coloring class on 11/19, should be fun. We'll cover everything from Eco-flow to pro oil dyes and acrylic paints; brushes & sponges to air brushes and everything in between.

I know how you feel, my favorite person, Teresa at The Tandy Leather Factory in Springfield Mo is no longer there, she worked there for over 10 years and we became good friends. But last friday I walked into Springfield Leather and there she was working for Kevin. Kevin you have a good girl there, hold on to her.

Randy

Ron Riddle is the manager at the Chattanooga TN store and has been with Tandy forever, as have all that stores employees. It's a good one to buy from.