Looking for suggestions for chrome tanned leather. A buddies wife works for a brand name shoe company and got a load of whole hides. Any ideas?

Are there any hides in the 4-5 oz weight in a grey or tan color? We have started using chrome tan elk for horn wraps and everyone likes it alot. If you buy a strip from a tack shop or a saddle shop, they can be as much as $20 for a 2" by 60" strip. Maybe you can find an outlet to a larger saddlery in the Great Basin or California.

I'll check and see thanks, have some beautiful colors; purple, black, blue, distressed brown, tan, etc.. and in different weights, and he's bringing me another load. I've told him I only used veg tan leather but he wants me to try some for shoulder holster straps. I told him next time she goes into the "VAULT" to try and find horse hide, her company produces some very expensive horse hide shoes. I'm thinking I might try a basic leather vest or two maybe some bags, I don't know.

Edited by PHIPPS CRAFTED LEATHER

Tote bags, purses and backpacks seem to be popular uses for chrome tanned

I'll check and see thanks, have some beautiful colors; purple, black, blue, distressed brown, tan, etc.. and in different weights, and he's bringing me another load. I've told him I only used veg tan leather but he wants me to try some for shoulder holster straps. I told him next time she goes into the "VAULT" to try and find horse hide, her company produces some very expensive horse hide shoes. I'm thinking I might try a basic leather vest or two maybe some bags, I don't know.

I'd be more than happy to unburden you of the purple leather, you know... just to help out. *insert drooling emoticon here* innocent.giflaugh.gif

Hats!

Winter weather is moving in and leather hats are wonderful. Top hats, military type hats, renaissance style or inspired hats, whatever... Not saying use it all for hats, but I'd definitely consider tossing some in the to-do pile if I had a surplus of leather I wanted to make some easily marketable items from.

I've been thinking of trying my hand at making a messenger/man bag out of some chrome....that tan would be nice.......keep me in mind if you decide you want to move some.

Sorry Orchid, The wife and daughter called first dibs.

Can't blame a girl for tryin' though, can ya? lol