Rottmaster

Need Help With This Knot

I have all different sizes if you are talking about the plaited cross. The size I like best is 4" X 2 3/4", but I think I would like the arms of the cross just a bit smaller, so I'm still experimenting. But skyout's center in some form is the way to go. The traditional center is beautiful, of course, but does have back. The back side didn't really bother me until I made one that was the same all the way around.

Skyout, I can't do the cross like you do in roo, it won't hold. It has to be over something permanent.

Now we are talking!!! this one is secure enough to be a key chain.

Keep in mind it hasn't been finished yet.

post-6663-005944900 1322083749_thumb.jpg

Awesome! I like it a lot.

Thank you, and thank you so much for your instructions, I couldn't have done it without your easy to follow cross! I have 4 now. 2 ornaments and 2 key chains. I made the key chains 8 plait and a bit smaller. They are drying now but pictures later. They are really really cool!

Entiendo, I just posted the link, the tut is from Don Burrhus. Really looking forward to your pictures.

in bruce grants encyclopedia there are instructions for a turkshead that is used for putting a ring on a strap...I have used it before...gonna have to try it with a cross for necklaces....

If you just added some sort of jump ring to the top loop, it would go the right way for a necklace. Just saying. It would make a very nice pendant. I've been putting thick fishing line as the core though so the cross holds shape. I think it's 100 pound test line. I think it also make the loops more "loopy"

Now we are talking!!! this one is secure enough to be a key chain.

Keep in mind it hasn't been finished yet.

post-6663-005944900 1322083749_thumb.jpg

Very nice.

Cheers,

Enrique

I found 40" of 3mm ($3.99) round braided lace at Hobby Lobby and tied another of Don Burrhus's Sailor's Cross. It came out really hard to the touch, which I liked. Not much scrap left over when finished.

969471_611254838893824_504906370_n.jpg

Hi. I made a tutorial for this knot: post-10628-003195600 1323024684_thumb.jp

I noticed that the link is not active.

I put it on again.

Has anyone figured out how to make this without the cross being open in the back ???, some of the links and picks are disabled in this thread.

Thanks

D.A.

Here are to videos on how to do them they are in Spanish but easy to follow what he is doing.

I hope these help.