Leatherpownder

Bosals

Beautiful work! You surely know what you are doing, can I ask a favor? Take a look at my post on hobbles and tell me what I'm doing wrong....I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dano

Those 2 bosal are beautiful. Congratulations.

Enrique

Those both look real nice. I like the interweave on the 5/8ths. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Dang nice work!! I also like the interweave on the 5/8ths

Mike

Tony,

Do you ride a Hawaiian style saddle? Would love to see some pics of it if you do.

Mike

Mike

I have three hawaiian sticks but prefer to ride my wade. Blackhammer asked me to do a write up on the differen't saddles, but haven't had time. I did take pictures but haven't downloaded them. I'll try to get them on soon.

Tony

Great work Bret! What is the core in the 5/8"?

Tony

It's a solid sewn core. The bosal is really stiff but some trainers like them especially if they are riding a stud horse or horse that's a little heavy on the bosal.

Beautiful work! You surely know what you are doing, can I ask a favor? Take a look at my post on hobbles and tell me what I'm doing wrong....I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dano

When I braid 8, I separate the string in 4 & 4 braiding in an under 2 over two sequence. It pulls down better this way and is easier to keep my lines straight. You'll find tha tyour strong hand usually pulls down tighter on that side so you might have pull the opposing strings individually to stay straight. Hope this helps. Bret.

How do you make a solid sewn core? I have a trainer wanting me to braid him a 1/2" or 5/8", but he wants it pretty firm.

Thanks

Jamie

It's a solid sewn core. The bosal is really stiff but some trainers like them especially if they are riding a stud horse or horse that's a little heavy on the bosal.

How do you make a solid sewn core? I have a trainer wanting me to braid him a 1/2" or 5/8", but he wants it pretty firm.

Thanks

Jamie

It's folded, sewn, and edged round then dried.

Very nice work mate ,,, you have just taken it to a new level !!!!

Cheers

Bevan

www.bwrwhips.com

Hi,

I love your bosals.

:helpsmilie:I get totally stuck with the heel knots have you done any step by steps on the interweaves?? I have been looking on the forum but cant find anything.

I get totally lost after the first interweave. If I am really, really lucky and all the starts etc are aligned I can sometimes manage a second interweave but then get confused as to how I did it (yep I am blonde).

I have seen lots of posts on the forum of others also confused with the same problem. Since you can do such great braiding could you please do some instructions for interweaves of point me in the right direction.

Thanks in hope

Johanne :surrender:

If I get an extra minute I will try to do a tutorial. That one is kind of complex because it is an over two under two near the bottom and is filled to an over three under three in the center.

That would be fabulous and would certainly help with the stress levels here :)