Sign in to follow this  
Sixer

Looking For A Usmc Stamp...

Thought I'd throw this out there... I have a customer who has ordered a holster for his brother who is in the the Marine Corps. He would like to add a USMC symbol to the holster. I've been scouring the interwebs, and I see that Tandy makes / used to make this stamp... but I can't seem to find one.

If anyone has a lead on one or knows where I might be able to purchase this stamp, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

I have the military stamp set Tandy put out. I'd consider LOANING it to you if you're interested and would pay to ship it back/forth.

I have the military stamp set Tandy put out. I'd consider LOANING it to you if you're interested and would pay to ship it back/forth.

Wildrose,

That's a very kind offer! One that I might just take you up on. I do need to confirm the order with the customer... but once I know for sure, I will send you a message and gladly pay shipping back/ forth.

Thanks again!

Thought I'd throw this out there... I have a customer who has ordered a holster for his brother who is in the the Marine Corps. He would like to add a USMC symbol to the holster. I've been scouring the interwebs, and I see that Tandy makes / used to make this stamp... but I can't seem to find one.

If anyone has a lead on one or knows where I might be able to purchase this stamp, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

You can own one for $3.50 + shipping...

http://zackwhite.com/xcart/product.php?productid=20889&cat=1118&page=1

You can own one for $3.50 + shipping...

http://zackwhite.com...cat=1118&page=1

Thanks guys, but they're out of stock just like every other place I've looked. I will give ZW a call though and see if they have any idea if or when they will be available.

I appreciate the help! ;)

That's a kind offer wildrose, Go for it Sixer!--the cost on fleabay is eeksome, and right now that's the only place I have been able to find them. I've been tracking the USMC stamps to see if I can find one for myself since I field a few requests for it per season and am just boggled at the prices.

The craftool 3-D stamp has been running around $42-$53, shipping usually runs $3.50 for a single stamp from most of the sellers. $45 seems about average, although I saw one sell for $35 flat. Tandy Craftool-$45 + shipping, Tandy Craftool-$35 flat.

There is also a limited edition military craftool stamp set, that comes up only rarely, and the lowest I have seen it sell for is around $45 + shipping. Limited edition set

The Baron stamp is a little different, and the only one I saw went for $46 + shipping, and that was with the handle cut off. Baron stamp

What I have is the 5 stamp set/collection that Tandy released briefly a couple of years ago. It has Army, Navy, Air Force, National Guard and Marines. I've found the Marines stamp toughest to work with because it's not set on the angle I expect it to be - so if you use it, strike it on a sample first so you know how it's going to line up. It may be the alignment is something that I myself just don't "get"...

I'd sell it outright, but I use them alot on keyrings. They're just the right size for that.