Sign in to follow this  
DuncanSinclair

Bow Glove

I'm looking for a pattern for a bow glove. Does anyone have one? Could a regular glove pattern be adapted to use with my English Long Bow? I'm looking for something like this: http://www.3riversarchery.com/Armguards+Gloves+Tabs++Hawkwood+Bowglove_c1_s41_p0_i4002X_product.html or http://www.3riversarchery.com/Armguards+Gloves+Tabs++Robin+Hood+Bracer_c1_s41_p0_i8540X_product.html

Oh wow! I have a few friends who do archery and would love something as nice looking as those links... If anyone has anything, I'd like to know, also!

Of it were me I would just get a cheap pair of gloves and cut them to look like what your first picture. Then attach that your bracer pattern. That would give you a workable pattern.

For shooting my ELBs I made a leather forefinger ring which projects out to the hand side and curves aroung the tip of my hand. Sort of an l shape. If I remember when home I can try to post a picture. I have one of those three rivers gloves and find that when gripping the bow it doesn't lay flat which makes for an inconsistent shot. My little 3/9 ounce veg tan ring always is in the same spot. Besides it takes about ten minutes and a scrap piece to make.

For shooting my ELBs I made a leather forefinger ring which projects out to the hand side and curves aroung the tip of my hand. Sort of an l shape. If I remember when home I can try to post a picture. I have one of those three rivers gloves and find that when gripping the bow it doesn't lay flat which makes for an inconsistent shot. My little 3/9 ounce veg tan ring always is in the same spot. Besides it takes about ten minutes and a scrap piece to make.

Interesting. I will look forward to your photo.

looks like a job for masking tape. PUt the tape how you want the leather to cover , mark seam lines, etc. carefully cut the tape off with scissors , sprinkle baby pwder on the sticky side . from there , flatten and trace on card stock or paper and(don't forget seam allowance where needed) then use cheap muslin for your initial run, revise as needed and bingo. you are there.

Interesting. I will look forward to your photo.

Here is the ring I made. It has a snap for attaching to the bow when stored. And since I made it in about two minutes I didn't do any burnishing or finishing. It is very thick to give it stability. I also noticed the bow is a bit torqued in my hand since I am not really shooting it. When held right the sipur section of the ring lines up with the arrow.

post-18783-054926000 1323055573_thumb.jp

post-18783-019720900 1323055770_thumb.jp

Edited by Peter Darby

Did you ever get this figured out?  I would love to make some kind of glove.  Right now I'm shooting bare fingers and I get really sore after a few shots from where my finger rolls off of my recurve bow string