cappadk

Sedgwick Bridle Is To Hard?

I just got some Sedgwick Bridle Shoulder samples and i can barely bend the parts, is this normal for Sedgwick leather?

Or perhaps they are bad samples?

I want to make belts, but im looking for something a little softer and flexible, is Bridle a bad choice for this?

Last week i got samples from W&C, which are far more flexible and softer, but i prefer the colors and the waxy feel of Sedgwick.

The customer service from W$C was amazing though, very quick shipment to Europe with samples of all the different type

of leathers and a pricelist.

You want bridle leather to be substantial. Are you saying you can hardly bend a 10 inch strip of bridle leather? I have never used their shoulder, but their backs and butts are exceptional. They should make fantastic belts. But honestly, if you can see some of W&C backs that they do for famous makers, Louis Vuitton comes to mind, you wouldn't be too fussy about Sedgwick. If color is a problem, talk to them at W&C and see what they can provide, I would put their finishing dept up against anyone.

Art

I just got some Sedgwick Bridle Shoulder samples and i can barely bend the parts, is this normal for Sedgwick leather?

Or perhaps they are bad samples?

I want to make belts, but im looking for something a little softer and flexible, is Bridle a bad choice for this?

Last week i got samples from W&C, which are far more flexible and softer, but i prefer the colors and the waxy feel of Sedgwick.

The customer service from W$C was amazing though, very quick shipment to Europe with samples of all the different type

of leathers and a pricelist.

Hi

Try asking Abbey Saddlery in the UK to send you a sample, also ask them for samples of their others english leathers, it should be really good quality, I have made a few belts from it and it is very supple. Their web site is www.abbeyengland.co.uk

Regards Zoe

Art: The samples are just small pieces and yes, some of the parts can barely be bend - they are that hard. I asked for 3mm shoulder samples, but now im in doubt whether some of the samples are something

else then shoulder. Or perhaps its just poor quality which they use to send out as samples - i dont know. Ive heard nothing but good about Sedgwick, so im assuming that the hides they sell are of

much better quality and more flexible then what i received.

No doubt W&C leather is amazing, but importing it to Europe is gonna be more costly then buying it here in EU. The customer service was exceptionally good.

I just wanted to check with you guys experience before i made an order. So you guys would not doubt in using either butt or shoulder for belts?

Zoej: The samples i received where from Abbey - they are as i understand it, the only supplier in Europe of Sedgwick products.

Never tried their leather, but from my experience with leather in general the shoulders are usually stiffer than the backs.

You can also try J & FJ baker. They are in UK and i've heard nothing but good things about them.

Never tried their leather, but from my experience with leather in general the shoulders are usually stiffer than the backs.

You can also try J & FJ baker. They are in UK and i've heard nothing but good things about them.

Baker's bridle butts are the best leather I have used in 35 years of leatherworking. It's not the cheapest, but the quality is unbeatable (in my opinion)! They're at http://www.jfjbaker.co.uk/. Drop Andrew Parr (the Managing Director) an email, and I'm sure he'll send you some samples.

thats my understanding too, that their jfjbaker leather is exceptional, but hows the price compared to Sedgwick and W&C?

I did ask Mr. Andrew for samples, im waiting for it to arrive.