Dwing8

Second Bracelet

Thanks to everybody for the compliments and tips I've gotten so far here. You are all too kind! I started out making this piece as a necklace but I came up too short in length so I used it to make a bracelet instead. This gave me a chance to work on learning the Turkhead. I had so much trouble tying the knot around that little ball so I looked up in an old book I had and made the knot off the ball and then just tightening it up on the ball.

Thanks again!

Dano

post-24232-095537700 1322848334_thumb.jp

Nice work. Congratulations.

Enrique

This is only your 2nd bracelet - Wow, Very Nice work!

More experience will simply make judging the length of leather needed easier.

You already have quality workmanship here! Definitely something to be proud of! :thumbsup:

Thank you all very much! I can't wait to make another one but I'm out of black lace. Anyone ever buy any lace from Springfield? I saw their webpage the other day and the prices were a lot lower than Tandy.

Thanks again,

Dano

post-28446-051562500 1327584972_thumb.jpI purchase all of my kangaroo lace from Springfield Leather. Good prices and the lace is MUCH nicer than Tandy's.

What type of end button did you braid on the bracelet? I usually put a terminal knot on the end of the round braid and then add 1-2 Turk's head on top, depending on what I want. But, I like the look of the button you braided. Very nice.

Edited by ShannonS

Very nice work. The braiding is nice and even and consistent with no gaps. The knot looks good with no gaps in the crossings. Good quality braiding.

B...

post-28446-051562500 1327584972_thumb.jpI purchase all of my kangaroo lace from Springfield Leather. Good prices and the lace is MUCH nicer than Tandy's.

What type of end button did you braid on the bracelet? I usually put a terminal knot on the end of the round braid and then add 1-2 Turk's head on top, depending on what I want. But, I like the look of the button you braided. Very nice.

Pretty colors! I too started getting my lace from Springfield Leather, they are very good to me when I place an order and if it's out of stock they call me and offer a second choice. I used a turk's head from a book by George Russel Shaw he called of 3 strands and a pentangular center. It wasn't going to tighten up well so I ran the lace through a second time. I used Tandy's kangaroo lace on this bracelet, it's just a wee bit thinner than Springfiled's. Since I have done a few more since this one I started tying a 6 bight turk's head and they look OK but not as good as some of the other's I've seen here. I need to learn how you did the two colors in your knot, that looks great!

Thanks for the compliment!

Dano

Edited by Dwing8

Very nice work. The braiding is nice and even and consistent with no gaps. The knot looks good with no gaps in the crossings. Good quality braiding.

B...

Thanks Mister!

Maybe some day I'll get half as good as you. Or I win the lottery????

Dano

Thanks Mister!

Maybe some day I'll get half as good as you. Or I win the lottery????

Dano

...looks absolute good !!

Arno

Very good :thumbsup:

very cool Dano- i like your bracelet very much!!!

Thank you all! I did learn it here looking at all of the stuff you people have shown.

Dano