thecodyvance

Help! - I Need A Round/head Knife Sheath Template

Can anyone help me here! I need a round/head knife sheath template.....

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Cody,

Given that there are so many shapes and sizes of RKs there is really no one-size-fits-all template for them. The best way to get it done would be to make your own based on the RK you want a sheath for. A really great resource would be the tutorials here at LW.N on sheath making. Another one would be The Art of Making Leather Cases, Volume 1, by Al Stohlman available at all TLF stores, Amazon, etc. For some really advanced sheath making info there is a guy close to you in Kerrville named Paul Long who is considered to be one of the sheath making greats and he has produced DVDs on the subject. Hope this helps.

Hasta,

The round/head knife will be your template. Cut out your leather 1/4 -> 3/8 inch more than the cutting edge, and even with the back (unsharpened) edge, but don't follow the handle, just go straight across. That is for the top. For the bottom do the same as the top, but add some tabs to either side of the blunt back edge to fold over the top and keep the blade in the sheath. Measure and put the snaps in. Glue together and stitch where the sharp edge is, you can put a welt in if you are worried about cutting stitches.

Also decoration would be nice, a basketweave or a floral.

I've seen every size from about 2 inches to 8 inches, so an exact pattern isn't available. The configuration is different among knives, some are circular (hence round knife) and some are oval (head knife), then some follow their own drummer.

Art

Can anyone help me here! I need a round/head knife sheath template.....

THANK YOU SO MUCH!