Sign in to follow this  
TwinOaks

Anyone Heard Of "thumbtack"?

Hi everyone,

I recently received the following email: cleardot.gifHeather Madison madisonh@thumbtackmail1.com to me show details Nov 14 Hey there,

I'm reaching out to you because Thumbtack is getting a lot of job leads for leather repair professionals, and I'm looking for another leather repair professional who is interested in taking on more clients.

After checking out your website I think you are a great fit for Thumbtack and I'd love to start sending you job leads. Please fill out a few details about your skills and rates, and I'll start forwarding you potential new clients.

If you have any questions about what Thumbtack can provide, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Heather

--

Unsubscribe Link: One-click unsubscribe.

1001 Page St, Suite #45, San Francisco, CA

This message is an advertisement.

My only issue with this is that I don't HAVE a website that links to the email addy at which I received this. I'm pretty skeptical about 'free' offers that I get on what's basically a 'cold call'. Anyone else heard of them?

Hi everyone,

I recently received the following email: cleardot.gifHeather Madison madisonh@thumbtackmail1.com to me show details Nov 14 Hey there,

I'm reaching out to you because Thumbtack is getting a lot of job leads for leather repair professionals, and I'm looking for another leather repair professional who is interested in taking on more clients.

After checking out your website I think you are a great fit for Thumbtack and I'd love to start sending you job leads. Please fill out a few details about your skills and rates, and I'll start forwarding you potential new clients.

If you have any questions about what Thumbtack can provide, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Heather

--

Unsubscribe Link: One-click unsubscribe.

1001 Page St, Suite #45, San Francisco, CA

This message is an advertisement.

My only issue with this is that I don't HAVE a website that links to the email addy at which I received this. I'm pretty skeptical about 'free' offers that I get on what's basically a 'cold call'. Anyone else heard of them?

You are right, this is one for the round file. Once you click on the unsubscribe they have a confirmed email address it's called fishing.

That sounds kinda like a email i have got twice. They want to buy every thing i have made up. All i need to do send a total. Funny thing is they don't care about the price or shipping. I'm guessing the reason they don't care is because the credit card is stolen or their going to do a charge back. Either way i'm out every thing. It went in the trash along with the email i got saying i had 10 million dollars in a over seas bank all i need to do is send money so they get out for me. It aint gonna happen !!!! LOL

Edited by dirtclod

It's a SCAM! I see a lot of similar crap on facebook & other places. The wording tends to be similar & they just want to help YOU without any remuneration for themselves blah blah blah. :blahblahblah: Daily I receive probably 5 or 6, sometimes more, emails from doctors, lawyers, Presidents & Heads of Countries, Diplomats & so on, trying to help me by helping them spirit Very BIG $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ out of their countries- all they need is simple access to my bank account.

This doesn't include the foreign lotteries that I've won- all I need to do :party26: is contact them to give them a simple access to my account info so they can send me the BIG $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$; or sometimes all I need to do is simply pay a 'small processing fee' in order for them to release my winnings... yeah :youwish::gathering:

Don't respond: DELETE IMMEDIATELY!

Hmmm....I wonder if that's what happened to the several million dollars my long lost Nigerian uncle (who knew!?) left me in his will.

I use thumbtack, it does send me leads for custom leather work, but it's a pain in the ass and they hammer you for a cut once the project is done. I am having an issue with an unpaid customer (don't we all!) and Thumbtack wants a cut even though I have not made any $.

Stay away, its not worth the hassle and BS.

Andy

Hmmm....I wonder if that's what happened to the several million dollars my long lost Nigerian uncle (who knew!?) left me in his will.

Hey, my long lost Nigerian uncle left me millions also. Maybe we're related! Come to think of it, I wonder where my check is :(