Sign in to follow this  

I have not posted anything that I have made for quite a long time. This is a Masonic Apron Case that I was commissioned to do for the Grand Master of Nebraska. My wife did the velvet interior and the embrodery of the Square and Compass. If you have never been around Masons they all wear Aprons at meetings and offical functions. The Grand Mastor have very ornate aprons and like to have a case to protect them as they travel around a lot.

Here are a few pictures.

Randy

Here is a picture of the inside

post-62-065986400 1323222654_thumb.jpg

post-62-069281300 1323222689_thumb.jpg

post-62-097803400 1323222880_thumb.jpg

Okay people, not even one "that looks nice" out there? Makes me think it's a POS...

Randy

I have not posted anything that I have made for quite a long time. This is a Masonic Apron Case that I was commissioned to do for the Grand Master of Nebraska. My wife did the velvet interior and the embrodery of the Square and Compass. If you have never been around Masons they all wear Aprons at meetings and offical functions. The Grand Mastor have very ornate aprons and like to have a case to protect them as they travel around a lot.

Here are a few pictures.

Randy

Here is a picture of the inside

Very nice and looks like a lot of work. Just found the post a few minutes ago. Ken

Looks good to me too. I'm sure they'll be pleased with it. I agree, looks like a lot of work. Since there is quite a bit of both, which took more time, the tooling or the stitching?

Same here Randy, its been a while since I've been on here. I'm curious how you attached the embroidered velvet piece to the leather.

Nice job!

The tooling by far took the greatest amount of time. But these are very labor intence projects from the set up, art work and design. This one, the client wanted it to hold 3 aprons, so that tool some thinking on my part to come up with a way to best do that. I spent more time just thinking about it than actually working on it. I don't know how other people work but I have to build things without a pattern in my mind, thus it takes a lot of thinking on my part, sometimes I work without tools I know but it helps me in the design stage. The lining is sew in. If you look at the out side you will see two rows of stitching. The inside row holds the linning and the outside row holds the gusset with the zipper in it.

Thanks for the responces.

Randy