robert

2 Tooled Notepads And A Plain Ring Binder - My Latest Projects

I just started making a few projects after taking a couple of years off. The notepads are for the smaller pads, and the ring binder is for full size paper. All are sewn with my Boss, which I cant seem to get adjusted right. Its like an old chainsaw - you have to use it often enough to understand its quirks... The floral (non-oakleaf) pattern is one of Carey Blanchard's that I modified slightly. The oakleaf pattern is mine.

MarkKohlernotepad1001.jpgMarkKohlernotepad1003.jpg004.jpg0022.jpg

0032.jpg006.jpg

Awesome work.

Love them both. You have done a very good job. :thumbsup:

Strictly an observation: Do the folks using the Tippman have problems keeping the stitch length exactly the same?

Your designs and workmanship is excellent.

ferg

I just started making a few projects after taking a couple of years off. The notepads are for the smaller pads, and the ring binder is for full size paper. All are sewn with my Boss, which I cant seem to get adjusted right. Its like an old chainsaw - you have to use it often enough to understand its quirks... The floral (non-oakleaf) pattern is one of Carey Blanchard's that I modified slightly. The oakleaf pattern is mine.

MarkKohlernotepad1001.jpgMarkKohlernotepad1003.jpg004.jpg0022.jpg

0032.jpg006.jpg

Strictly an observation: Do the folks using the Tippman have problems keeping the stitch length exactly the same?

Your designs and workmanship is excellent.

ferg

Yes. At least I have a problem with it. I have the presser foot loose enough to not mark the leather too much, but it also allows the piece to slip backwards a bit because of the thread tension. I've found if you gently push the item towards the machine you can minimize the slipping.

They look great!

Yes. At least I have a problem with it. I have the presser foot loose enough to not mark the leather too much, but it also allows the piece to slip backwards a bit because of the thread tension. I've found if you gently push the item towards the machine you can minimize the slipping.

This exactly...

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. I really enjoyed these projects after an extended break. All three are gifts, which is always fun for me.

Regarding the stitch length, yes the Boss is a bit hard to keep stitch lengths exactly the same. I used to run a stiching wheel along the stiching groove to help - I could manually keep the stiches even, and probably need to go back to that method. Mostly on these projects, I had having a hard time getting the upper and lower thread tension right. I need to use the machine more, it gets cranky when it sits, or maybe I just lose the "feel" for it.

Wow - nice work :)

cool tooling, love the oak leaf design,,,,flows almost as it is liquid,,,,reiminds me of an orchid leaf....very nice and different!!

Jimbob

cool tooling, love the oak leaf design,,,,flows almost as it is liquid,,,,reiminds me of an orchid leaf....very nice and different!!

Jimbob

Thanks! It is actually based on Sheridan style, just with leaves and acorns instead of flowers. Because of the shape of the leaves, it leaves more background than most Sheridan patterns, but I thought it turned out nice.

beautiful work. i found with my boss i had to tape the stitch know to the machine or it would vibrate to different lengths. like you i have trouble with the threads meeting in the middle.