Hey folks. I haven't posted anything for a while so I thought I would show some pics of my latest IWB holster. It is made from 6 oz. Wickwett and Craig leather, with a shark mouth band that is steel reinforced. The forward cant is set to ten degrees as per customer's request. The spring clips have an inverted edge that grabs material so they can't back off. Any and all criticisms, questions, or comments are welcome as always. Thanks for looking.

bciwbcmdr1.jpg

bciwbcmdr2.jpg

very nice.........your moulding is some of the best.......... :thumbsup:

How do you get such detailed molding? I thought about using a vac bag Like the kind used in the carpenter shop. Outstanding work.

Tom

Thanks, Luke. How are things?

carr52, I used a bone folder and the handle from an antique tap and die set to mold this holster. Part of the reason it has such good detail is becuase it was such a light weight leather at 6 oz.. I learned to mold and bone holsters with 8/9 oz., so this was a breeze by comparison.

You can build a rubber press if you want to speed up the process a little (it will press the leather around the form and "expose the lines" so you can chase them with a folder. Run a search under holster press on here and you should see some examples. The rest of it is a lot of practice, and knowing when to quit. I still occasionally have trouble with that last part, though.

Very nice looking holster.

One question, Where did you get the belt clips at? I am looking to upgrade my bianchi holster that I use for concealed carry and my biggest gripe is it only has one belt clip and if your not careful when sitting down or riding a bike it will start to work out. I am going to a two clip version or strap if I cant find some good clips allthough two should do the trick for most all situations.

Looks like another winner for ya !!!

I'm really impressed with the boning on your holsters. Do you attribute it all to practice, or does the WC leather have a role too?

I didn't expect this thread to pop back up! Thanks for the compliments.

MADMAX22, PM sent.

TwinOaks, It has more to do with practice and leather weight than specifically who made the leather, but it is definitely easier to get results with Hermann Oak or Wickett and Craig leather.

MADMAX22, PM sent.

I've been waiting for your answer on the clips too. Bet I'm not alone.

Dan

Edited by dbusarow

What type of steel and where are you buying it from, for mouth reinforcement?

John

Edited by gunfighter48

BOOMSTICKHolsters - Very nice indeed...you continue to produce excellent work, and set a benchmark for me and probably some others here as well.

...I've been waiting for your answer on the clips too. Bet I'm not alone....

...What type of steel and where are you buying it from, for mouth reinforcement?...

No, your not alone, I'm interested as well...

Edited by jt1